15~ In the middle of nowhere

She snapped her head in my direction with worry. I checked down to see if there was anything unsual but there was no sign of disfunction. I tried to start the car again when suddenly something cracked and white smoke came out of the front.

I opened the door coughing as i covered my mouth with my hand. I waited til the smoke faded to lift the front lid. The sun was getting down, i barely saw anything. I was about to ask for cass to use her flashlight but then remembered we had no phones.

I'm screwed!

I jumped stratled when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to see a concerned Cassandra, i let out a breath placing my hand over my heart but i think it's already pooling beetween my ankles.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked rubbing my arm soothingly. I stayed quiet cause honestly i know shit about mechanic. Nothing like that ever happened to me before and i had to make the stupid desicion of not bringing our phones just so we can have a stupid romantic date.

"I think the engine is heated..." i muttered reaching my hand to touch it. I shreiked as the stinging burn spreaded through my skin. I think it's less painful than the beating I'll recieve from cass.

"Shawn you nuts!?" She yelled grabbing my hand to inspect the red patch "yep you'll live. But i doubt a heated engine would make all those noises. You know a thing about mechanic right?" She questioned her voice shaking with fear.

I felt a limp in my throat "sure..." i whispered avoiding her intense gaze.

"shawn mendes don't you dare lie to me?" She scowled lifting my chin to make eye contact. I gulped sending her an innocent smile. She gasped her eyes popping out as she pushed me away.

She paced back and forth in front of me in panic "i can't believe this is happening right now! We don't have our phones! It's all your fault! Oh god it's already getting dark! We can't stay here! We need to get help! Where are we?! We're in the middle of nowhere! Shit!" She rambled voice cracking after each sentence.

I shook myself taking a risk. I grabbed her arms pinning her in place as i locked eyes with her. Even though it's dark i can see the tears forming in her eyes and it broke my heart."Hey cass calm down. Take a breath I promise everything will be okay" i rasured her caressing her cheek. She nodded inhaling deeply.

"What should we do?" She choked out.

"I don't know. The closest town is almost 10 miles away, we can't walk. Maybe someone might pass by" i shrugged my shoulder.

She let go of my grip sitting back into the car without saying a word. She was mad even though she tried not to show it. I stayed alone in the middle of the street for more than half an hour praying that someone will come save us but only darkness laid in front of me. I wanted to settle back in the warm car but i suppose the chilly wind is better than the akward tension with cass.

After a few minutes, she walked out of the car. My back to her, i clenched my teeth bracing myself for another argument. But in the contrary, she sneeked her arms around my waist closing the small gape between as she rested her head on my shoulder dropping a few kisses on the base of my neck. I smiled softly placing my hand above hers.

"I'm sorry cass..." i mumbled but she shushed me "no don't. It's all my fault. just wanted to take you on your perfect date and i ruined everything" i looked down guilt filled my voice.

"Shawn this was the best date i went on my entire life. I don't care if the car is broke, heck i don't care if we sleep on the hard grass tonight. I'm just glad to be with you" she lifted herself on her toes to place a kiss on my cheek.