seven single acts of indiscretion

"You're a saint, I should get you something." Fletcher said to me rushing into my office as I sort his paper work out for him
I smile "you did" I say holding up a Starbucks iced coffee.
He stopped in his tracks "ah. Well, I always do the classy thing. Any calls??" He wonders, Fletcher and I are partners If you was wondering, work partners. And he was late this morning because he had to drop his little boy off at school.

I get up and and him his stack of paper work that I was just previously sorting out for him, I walk to my note pad picking it up to read the list off to Fletcher.

"Let's see.." I say checking the messages "Judge Patterson's clerk. He needs your filling." I look up at him, he goes over to my coffee machine and puts a coffee in he groans then looks at me "tell him it's in the mail"

I jot that note down "right. You'll do it next week" I speak and then read the next message I need to give to him "Mr McKinley phoned, questioning that fourteen hours you billed on Christmas Eve"

He puts the milk in his coffee and holds his coffee cup up high while mixing the milk in with his coffee, I laugh softly.
"Write him a long, explanatory letter. Then bill him for the letter"

I laugh shaking my head as I jot down his request "done" I state, I then sigh knowing what he's gonna say next.
He put the spoon down and walked up to me sipping on his coffee
"Your mother called."
He gets close to my ear and whispers "I'm on vacation" he continues to then walk by me. I shake my head and turn around to face him "this is your fifth week..."

He shrugged drinking his coffee smugly "it's a long vacation"
I jot that down too " 'break your mother's heart'. Done. And that's it, except, Miranda's looking for you"

He bent backwards and groaned, he then checked his watch as he spoke "as if I don't have anything better to do than bow and scrape at her royal perfumed feet. Tell her I'm in court" he ordered, sipping his coffee.

I walked back to my desk and sat down "courts closed"
He sarcastically replied "tell her I broke my leg and had to be shot" I laugh then cut my laughter off when I see Miranda near the reception in front of my office. I whisper to Fletcher "why don't you tell her yourself?"
As Miranda approaches, Fletcher switches gears in an instant, which makes me laugh.
"- - And then send out a notice of judgment on my win today!" He said enthusiastically knowing full well that Miranda is behind him.

"I'll be right on it" i dryly replied playing along with Fletcher.
Fletcher turns - - and pretends to be surprised "Miranda! I didn't see you. Hey, you look lovely, today. Here, I bought you a gift" he snatched my iced coffee out of my hand and gave it to Miranda making me growl.

Miranda replies "thanks. I heard about your victory today. You're making quite an impression on the partnership committee"
Feigning puzzlement on Fletchers part, and then... "oh, that's right. You folks are meeting again soon. 'Allan, Stewart, Konigsberg, Ried' there's something about the rhythm of fours! It's like a full measure" he says sarcastically then turns walking past her as she is now in my office and I'm watching them both carefully. He can't seem to get away from her quick enough

"Well, anyway, I've got a client waiting in my office - -"

He's such a liar.

But Miranda buts in "Actually, something important has come up. You're not busy tonight, are you??"
She asks him but doesn't wait for an answer, she walks out of my office then walks past reception, looks like she's walking towards her office... Fletcher stamp his foot and squeals loudly making me laugh.