Reach out

TUESDAY:

I walk into Fletcher's office to see Michael and his fiancée in there.. what her name?? Katy? Katherine? Kelly??

Oh yeah, Kelly. That's it.

"Greta said you needed me?" I say looking at Fletcher...
"I talked them through the Samantha Cole divorce case... they're taking it on.. but I'm still gonna be her legal representative in court. But they are going to look more into it.. with help of both of us. You know, get them started? This case is worth millions of dollars to us.. it'd be great to get two new employees on it"

He rambles.

I nod weakly smiling "sure"

He frowned at me "you okay, Chantel?"
I nodded trying not to cry "I'm okay" I say and then turn on my heels walking away.

"Miss Henderson??" I hear behind me. I turn and see Kelly approaching me. May god strike me down now. I can't be arsed with this today.

I put on a fake smile "you okay Miss Chambers?"
She nodded then smiled "I came here to ask you that. Are you okay?"
"I am" I nodded professionally "thank you!"
She cleared her throat "I saw Niall leaving yesterday, he was crying. Are you both together??" She said softly, making me laugh, I shook my head as my laughter died down "oh no, we are just.. well— I don't know.. I haven't seen him in five years"

"Oh, was you together?" She wondered, I shook my head "no— um. I best go" I pointed towards my office and she nodded understandably "oh okay, I'm always here by the way. I need some female friends here" she laughed softly "I can't be dealing with Michael all day at work, too!" She joked making me fake a laugh "I don't blame you"

"What do you mean?" She frowned raising a brow. I shook my head "I just meant I wouldn't wanna be around my fiancé at work either. I'd have enough of him at home" I laughed looking away from her I see cooper on his phone outside his office "your brother is cute" she smiled
I naked a face and looked at her "you're getting married"

"Feels like I never will be" she laughed softly "have you ever been engaged or anything??"
I shook my head "I'm only 25..."

"Michael and I are only 29" she stated then pulled a face "well he is 30 tomorrow, but me and him are still young... we've been engaged since we was 25" she claimed making my eyebrows shoot up "you've been engaged like 5 years?"

She nodded "5 years at the end of this month"

"Oh wow" I lower my brows "why has it been that long?" I question and she pulled a face "oh, never mind. I'm sorry, that is none of my business. I hope you have a good day, my office is down there if you need me" I say softly pointing to where my office is.

She nodded and smiled "thank you"

I walked away and walked into my office, closing the door shut.

I go over to my phone and check to see if I have any messages.

I posted this photo on my Instagram this morning: and captioned it
'But I'm not done yet, falling for ya 💫'

I posted this photo on my Instagram this morning: and captioned it 'But I'm not done yet, falling for ya 💫'

And I have 15k likes.
All the one direction boys liked it, the little mix girls have liked it.
People from work... friends outside of work.
And loads of one direction and little mix fans liked it too... mainly because the boys and girls have liked it so they'll see it on their Instagram notifications that they've liked someone's post.

I check my messages again, I don't have none from Niall.
I really need to apologise, properly.

I decide to message him... I pull his number up hoping that he still has the same number from 5 years ago. Although, it wouldn't be a big deal, I have him on social media which I can access him through.

I typed the message out;
   I felt like my apology yesterday wasn't sincere enough for what I've done to you and how much I've hurt you.
I'm not gonna sit and lie to you and say that there is a valuable reason for what I did to you.. and how I left you. But if you're willing, we could go for dinner and we can talk. I can answer any questions you need answering to put your mind at rest.

I'm so sorry for breaking your heart, that was never my intention. And it never will be, it was great seeing you yesterday, you've changed so much. I didn't get to say to you what I wanted to say, but I will happily say it if you meet me for dinner tonight x

I sigh and put my phone down.
I go on my computer and start writing up some notes on the divorce case I'm working on.

There's a knock at my door, thinking it's Fletcher, I don't look up and just order him to come in.

But to my surprise. It wasn't Fletcher. It was Michael.

I gulped as he sat in front of me.
"Before you start— I came to apologise" he said cutting me off.
I raised a brow at him and sarcastically reply "have you said sorry to your fiancée??" As I continue to type out the document on my computer.

"No," he mumbled "well i think you should, you don't have to say sorry to me. It's not my heart you're going to break," I shrug truthfully "just shut up a minute" he groaned rubbing his face.
I raise a brow and look up at him "ok, if you're just gonna be rude. You can get the fuck out of my office"

He rolled his eyes leaning back in his chair "I wanted to say I'm sorry. What I did Saturday was really disgusting, I shouldn't of ever of brought you in on this mess. It wouldn't of really if mattered if we wasn't working with each other. Especially with my fiancée being here too, it's not ideal, and I'm sorry about that..." he licked his lips then smiled slowly making me frown. Why the fuck is he smiling??

"But in contrary to that, I wanted to say that I enjoyed Saturday night.. and I don't regret it," he pulled a face "that sounds really wrong and deceitful, but I don't regret what we did. Like I said, it's just unlucky for us that me and my fiancée now work here" he said softly.

I scan his face, he's so beautiful. My eyes glare into his, I shake my head looking down at my computer "why don't you go tell your fiancée you enjoyed fucking some random lass??"

He rolled his eyes "like I'd do that, I love my fiancée, I aren't gonna break her heart for no one"

I laughed, "you've already broke it matey, she may not know it yet. But you've just ruined her life. And dragged me into it. How many girls have you dragged into your mess, hmm??" I raised a brow "coz being engaged for nearly five years ins dodgy in its entirety. Are you giving it to someone else? So you don't wanna marry her?? Just like you gave it to me Saturday" I snapped widening my eyes "if you don't tell her Michael," I breathed "I will"

"Please" he looked at me "I love her, don't do this. Please, Chantel"

I frowned. "Get out of my office"

He walked out closing the door behind him.
I pick my phone up seeing that I've got a message from Niall.

Niall: I'll pick you up from your place at 9 and we'll go to our favourite restraunt x

I smiled at the message. He's adorable, how does he remember my favourite restraunt.

Wait... I pulled a face.

Me: how do you know where I live? x

My phone pinged before I could even put it back down in my desk

Niall: you shouldn't trust Ellie with anything, but even your address x

I laughed shaking my head. What is she like, she really can't be trusted... Niall is right.