Nochalance

ONE DAY LATER:

Writing up some stuff for a Samantha Cole's final hearing and I get a call from Niall.
I accepted it and wedged my phone up against the computer "hey," he smiled through the phone running his hand through his brown hair.
I smiled watching him "hey, you just got up?" I asked laughing softly, making his eyes twinkle he then looks down and laughs shyly "do I look that bad?"

I shook my head smiling "nah, you look good, you always do. Even when you just wake up"

He laughed shaking his head. He gets so shy so quick, and it's so adorable.
"But the question is, why are you waking up at..." I say and look up at the clock "12pm on a Wednesday??"

He cackled loudly "I had a late night, I was worried about you and couldn't sleep. So I just wrote some music, I soon drifted off to sleep" he smiled. He is sooo bloody adorable.

"You're sweet, you don't have to worry about me, I'm good. And I always will be!"
He raised a brow at me "everyone breaks at some point"
I shook my head "not me, I'm as hard as rock"
He laughed "rocks break too, chan"

I shrugged "not easily though" I eyed him up, secretly. He looked so good.
He smiled at me and shook his head "what are you doing today?" He croakily asked "I'm just writing up some stuff for a final divorce court hearing" I smiled continuing to type up some stuff.

"Interesting." He nodded making me chuckle "don't lie" I glanced at him. He laughed softly and held his right hand up "you caught me out, I'm sorry ma'am"
I hummed making him chuckle, "what are you doing tonight?" He asked softly.
I shrugged "probably just go home, relax for a bit and eat, you know.. the usual? My routine has never changed"
He moved about a bit on his bed and stood up walking through his home "it changed when you cane touring with me and the lads" he said chuckling I pointed a finger at him through my screen "yes. But what did I also do after the shows??"

"Go back to the tour bus and hog the tv" he laughed making me laugh out loud too "well exactly, you boys should be in bed straight after a show. Not watching bloody rush hour every night!"

"Hey," he said loudly as I hear his kettle boil "rush hour is a classic"
I nodded agreeing "yes, but, it gets boring when you see it every night"
He giggled then looked back at the camera "yeah well, you could of gone back to the bunk"

"And have you disturb me when you're ready to come to bed" I raised a brow at him "you know you loved it," he smirked biting his lip.
I rolled my eyes looking back at my computer.
I had to pause and think about what I needed to write, I turned in my swivel chair and opened up a draw looking for Samantha Cole's divorce document that held all her personal information...
"When are you back in court for that divorce??" Niall asked through the phone.. "today, it was called off four weeks ago because Fletcher was in a bad place. The judge thought it'd be better if he had some time off after how he was acting in the court room" I said softly "honestly," I say turning to look at Niall, but see Michael stood in my doorway instead
"Honestly, what?" Niall asked causing me to look back down at him.
"I've never seen Fletcher like that,"

"Which one is Fletcher, again??" Niall wondered frowning "he's the one who you met when you came to talk to me that day at work"

He laughed "ohh the funny one" he said making me laugh softly too and glance up at Michael who crossed his arms raising his brow at me waiting for me to talk to him.
"Yeah the funny one" I smiled back down at Niall.
He smiled at me through the camera making me smile harder.

"Why don't I take you out tonight?? As a little reward for dragging yourself through this case... and for the past four horrible weeks you've had" he said softly as he sipped on his hot drink.
I glanced up at Michael and he rolled his eyes looking away from me.

"Where are you going to take me?" I smiled slowly at the camera, Niall smiled slowly as he walked back into his bedroom "wherever you want.. I would take you to our favourite place but we only went there like 5 weeks ago" he laughed softly.

"No we'll go there, if you want?" I raised a brow at me.. I heard Michael scoff making me glance at him and frown.
Niall nodded "yeah sure, we'll go there"
He then asked "what time do you finish work??"
I think for a second "I finish at 7:30,"
He nodded then smiled softly "I'll give you time to go home and get ready.. so what about 9pm? And we can have a late dinner and stuff," he then smiled slowly "then I'll take you to your favourite dessert place"

I laughed softly "I don't wanna get fat" Niall scoffs at my response "shut up, you've never been fat and at one point that was all you'd eat. Remember on tour when we used to try and search all over the world to see if they had the same shop in that city?" He laughed loudly "and when they didn't you'd go in a mood and not talk to me or any of the boys"

I laughed and looked down "yeah I remember,"
His smiled faded "Louis or Zayn was always the ones who could cheer you up"
I looked at him, was that a dig at me?
I frowned. "You cheered me up plenty of times, dancing our the tour bus like an idiot.." I smiled slowly "and you always used to sing to me"

"You liked that?" Niall smirked slowly making me nod "hell yeah I did, you've got the voice of an angel" I said making him laugh "I wouldn't go that far, I'm no where near an angel"

I shrugged and put my pen down "I think you are"

He laughed softly shaking his head "right, I'll see you at nine, yeah?"
I nodded "you sure will nialler" I winked making him laugh "see ya later, Chan. Have a good day!" He waved and I waved back "you too, babe"
He smiled then ended the call.

I grabbed my phone and turned it off.

"Yeah?" I ask Michael because he's still stood in my office waiting to talk to me.
Even after Niall told him to leave me alone.
"Aren't you going to look at me?" He asked, nonchalantly.
I shook my head and continued working on my computer "no because I can't be arsed with your pathetic nonchalance"

"I haven't done nothing wrong, Chan" he sighed softly sitting down in the chair opposite me.
"It's Chantel, to you. And I don't care, get to work" I say then re-think "actually- no. It's Miss Henderson to you" I reply smugly. Shutting Samantha Cole's divorce documents, smirking at him smugly, then turning around in my chair and stand up.
I go to the draws and bend down half way to get to the third draw down in a 6-set draw cabinet.

And to my surprise, not, I can feel Michael's hands on my hips as he presses his bulge against my ass. I stand up quickly and push him away from me "personal space, please. freak" I say to him eyeing him up in an unimpressed manner, I kick the draw shut with my heal and it bangs as it shuts. I walk around him and leave him in my office while I make my way to Fletcher's office

"Oh, hey," Kelly's stops me and smiled "have you seen Michael?"
Just come out with it, Chan.
I nodded truthfully "yeah he was just harassing me in my office" I smirked smugly, leaving her gobsmacked as I strut down the corridor on the way to Fletcher's office.

I knock on the door and he welcomes me in.