Story Of My Life

When I got down to the lobby with Cooper and Fletcher by my side... I feel like I could swallow my entire body.

I look on at Michael and Niall talking, with some woman with her arm interlocked with Michael's.

"Niall" Cooper called over, I snapped my head towards him and frowned. I felt three pairs of eyes on me. I turned to look at Niall, Michael and the woman.

When Michael and I made eye contact.. I wanted to be sick.
He has a girlfriend??

"You can talk to her once i introduce her to our new lawyers..." Cooper said softly patting Niall on the back.

Oh fuck this is great.

"So Mr Jackson, Miss Chambers.. this is my sister Chantel Henderson.. one of the best lawyers we have.. and this here," he points to Fletcher "is the man of the hour" Cooper smirked as Fletcher held out his hand to Michael "Fletcher Reede, nice to meet you..."

"Michael," Michael nodded softly but glanced at me as he shook Fletcher's hand.
Fletcher nodded then shook Miss Chamber's hand.

I sighed looking around and caught the gaze of Niall's, I smiled at him weakly and he smiled back at me softly.

"Chan??" Cooper frowns at me. I sigh and step closer to Michael and Miss Chambers.

"I'm Chantel Henderson the.." I hold my hand out "woman of the hour" Cooper jumps in making me laugh softly and blush "excuse my brother" I say softly "I'm one of the lawyers here.. it's lovely to meet you both" I say, with no emotion

"I'm Kelly Chambers" the woman smiled grabbing my hand and shaking it "I'm Michael's fiancée"

I gulp and glance at Michael.

His fucking fiancée?!

This is FUCKING GREAT.

"That's lovely" I smiled weakly. Fuck I feel so fucking bad.

"Now, Niall, you can have my sister.. not for too long though" Cooper joker patting Niall's shoulder.

What a day I'm fucking having. Wait till I call Ellie in my break.

"...yeah" Niall laughed softly, awkwardly.

Do I be nice to him?
Of course I have to be.
"Follow me" I say softly walking to the elevator.

When we get in the elevator he glanced at me "that meeting between your new lawyers was a little awkward. Don't you think?? That Michael was really chatty until you turned up" he said softly making me roll my eyes.
"Oh," I say unbothered "I'm not being rude, Niall, but what the he'll are you doing here?? Like 5 years after we called off our fling"

"You called it off" he said back with a hurt expression.

"I came here to apologise" he said as he followed me through the corridors once we got out of the elevator.
"For what?" I ask him as he walked beside me, I smiled at Greta.. mine and Fletcher's assistant. She smiled back.

I walked into my office and Niall was right behind me. I closed the door and walked to my chair. He sat on the seats in front of me.

"I don't know if you've seen the late late show earlier... but you was mentioned"

I laughed softly, looking anywhere but his eyes "I watched"

"I'm sorry" his voice broke making my heart break.
"Why are you sorry?" I frowned, questioning him again, looking at him this time.
He sighed "I'm in love with you, Chan" he looked into my eyes with tears in his eyes.
I let out a shaky breath as he stared at me, he broke the eye contact and looked away from me
"I still don't understand" I shook my head "why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for" I say, because it's true. He really doesn't.