1 month later

Maddie's POV:
I wake up, automatically thinking something is happening today. I lay on my bed for a second and ponder, and then I realize:
Me and Josh met 1 month ago today.
I smile at the thoughts of all our memories, late night FaceTimes, dumb text conversations, the instagram comments where I made fun of him and he flattered me, the snapchats of me looking stupid and him in the shower, all of it. Me and Josh have gotten extremely close over the course of the last month and honestly, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Well... I might tradeoff our friendship for something more... I've never met a guy better than him. He's literally the definition of perfect... but that's beside the point... I decide to text him seeing its 11 where I live so 8 where he is. I think he's awake because he always responds, but we stayed up until like 3 am last night just talking.

Maddie:
Did you steal my pop tarts?
Joshyyy:
Really funny, happy 1 month of being my friend!
Maddie:
I think you mean YOU being lucky enough to have ME as a friend!
Joshyyy:
I sure am
Maddie:
Yup!

I smile, happy he remembered.

Joshyyy:
Anyways...
Maddie:
What?
Joshyyy:
So... in honor of our 1 month anniversary of meeting each other, I have a surprise for you!
Maddie:
What is itttt?
Joshyyy:
Hmmm...
Maddie:
Tell meee!
Joshyyy:
Fine
Joshyyy:
I'm flying out to New Jersey to visit you!

Tears well up in my eyes as I read and re-read the text multiple times.

Maddie:
Wait really?
Maddie:
Joshy hjbgeursierfiwf
Maddie:
Thank you so much I'm like crying
Joshyyy:
No don't cry and you're welcome!
Maddie:
How soon?
Joshyyy:
Two weeks!
Maddie:
Oh my god I love you Josh!
Text message has been deleted
Maddie:
Ahhhh I'm so excited tears are like, streaming down my face rn thank you soooo much.
Joshyyy:
You're welcome Mads! 
Joshyyy:
Bryce is doing something dumb, he's calling me, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later!
Maddie:
Ok, thanks again, bye Joshy!
Joshyyy:
Bye Mads!
Read at 11:12 am

I stay in bed, crying joyful tears, only thinking about how I will see Josh in 2 weeks.
God this boy is perfect.

Josh's POV: (This is new)

Of course, Bryce probably was doing something dumb but I don't know what, he never called me. I just needed to get out that conversation. 
Maddie said she loved me.

It was probably just about seeing you.

Then why would she delete the message?

Beats me, but she wouldn't like you. Let alone love you...

Eh, I guess you're right. 

I just sit here in my spinny chair and listen to the two sides of my brain argue. Wait, I'm basically talking to myself. Wow, this girl really is driving me insane.

Maddie.

(A/N: Idk if this chapter is good or not but I've been thinking and I think I have this story back on track. I have a plot... well sort of...? I'm working on new stories I'm kind of excited for, but recommend who I should write one of my next fanfic's about. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading! K bye bby's💖✌🏻)