Announcements and Anxiety Attacks

Maddie's POV:

I wake up and see no one around me. I slowly sit up and realize it's like 11.
Well, that's what I get for staying up till 4 am.
I tune into my surroundings and hear yelling in the kitchen.
My friends.
I stand up and follow the yelling. I see the boys trying to cook breakfast while the girls are all sitting back and laughing. I study the kitchen and all of a sudden the kitchen towel catches my eye as I notice it's in flames. I run to the sink, get a cup of water, and dump it on the towel, the small fire extinguishing. Everyone turns to me as I look at the burnt towel, sighing.

"When you guys cook, at least get help from the girls." I say, laughing at their stupidity. "And also don't put a flammable towel on the fire from the stove." They look at me, guilty. I giggle.

"Sorry Mads!" Payton says, smiling like an idiot.

"It's fine. So anyways what did you guys end up making?" I say, looking around and seeing no successful food, just a huge mess. They look at me with bashful smiles and point at the trash can. I sigh and open it. There are tons of egg shells everywhere, a ton of burnt scrambled eggs, burnt bread, and a ton of other burnt, unidentifiable... things. I laugh. "Let's go to IHOP. I have something to announce anyways!" I say, enthusiastically. Everyone nods in agreement. I notice everyone is already dressed so I just run up to my room so I can change and get ready for the day. I throw on Josh's Still Softish hoodie, without even thinking, and a pair of ripped jeans, running a brush through my hair. No makeup today, I'm too lazy. As I head back downstairs, I see everyone else standing by the door. They look at me before Bryce starts clapping. I look back at him with a questioning look.

"YEA REP THE MERCH!" Bryce yells. Then I realize. I'm wearing Josh's merch. We're not together. I roll my eyes.

"Chill, it's Bryce's merch too. Now let's go." I say, opening the door and getting into my car. Everyone else piles in the back and Kio sits next to me. We decide to blast Still Softish directed at Josh. I laugh as Payton sticks his head out of the sunroof.

"STILL SOFTISH! YOU SOFTISHHHHH!" and we take that as an opportunity to all start yelling the lyrics. It's not long before we get to IHOP and Payton, Charli, and Avani are all giddy with excitement. I laugh at my friends as we all go inside, getting seated. One we all have our food and have dug in, I stand up and everyone looks up at me.

"I have an announcement!" I say as everyone at my table continues to stare at me, but then again, almost no one else is here.

It's 1:03 pm.
I smile, mustering up the courage. "I have... officially joined the Hype House!" I announce and in unison, everyone's jaw drops. After a second, the girls all cheer (including Halia, excluding Mads) and Tony tackles me in a hug before I look over at the Sway boys who all look upset (including Mads).

"So we're rivals now? And you are going to be there all the time?" Kio asks with disappointment and I sigh.

"I'm not your rival. We will never be rivals. And no, I am not going to be there all the time. I'll visit the Sway House whenever Josh isn't there! And I've laid ground rules with Thomas so nothing will happen to anyone. Anyways, let's eat!" I say and we all continue to dig in. I can tell my answer satisfied everyone based off of how happy everyone seems to be. After that, I pay after a ton of debating and we all hop into my car, all agreeing to go to the movie theater. As I drive, I turn onto a certain street and my stomach starts feeling uneasy. I look around, not knowing why. Then Starbucks catches my eye.

The Starbucks.

The Starbucks where it happened.
The Starbucks where my heart broke.

All of a sudden, I start to feel sick. My head starts hurting and my stomach twists up. I quickly pull over and everyone throws me a questioning look. I exhale, and feel an anxiety attack coming, and without even talking, me and Kio switch seats.

"Still okay to go? Or should we turn around?" Kio asks me softly, holding my arm to calm me down.

"H-home. Y-you guys can g-go out without me." I stutter, trying to relax, not succeeding. Kio nods and we turn around, everyone wanting me to be okay. I am so glad I have amazing friends who will sacrifice their good day for my mental health.

(A/N: So ummm idk what to write here so hi! Any new story suggestions? Since there is nothing else, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed! K, bye bby's💖✌🏻)