Again?

Maddie's POV: 

I sigh as post yet again another TikTok. That's the third one today. Ever since Josh left 3 days ago, I've been extra lonely. I'm just stuck in this huge house with no one to talk to. I wish I still had my family with me. Technically, I'm legal to live by myself. I'm 19, meaning I'm old enough, but it doesn't mean I want to... I'm still a teen! But sometimes even I forget that. Last year, 3 days after my 18th birthday, my parents were driving back from a conference. They got hit by a truck 3 miles from where we lived. My older brother used to live with me, but 5 hours after the funeral, he packed all his stuff up and just left. He changed his number, moved to a different state, and hasn't come back since. So yeah, I'm lonely. But it suits me. I guess... I've been through a lot and literally only Halia and Noen know about the things that I've lived through. I still cry about it, I still hold my pillow at night, I still wakeup screaming for my parents to stay alive and for my brother to come back as I watch him walk down the driveway in my nightmares. 

Flashback:

"It's nothing personal," He had said. "I just can't stay here. You know that. I'm sorry sis-"

"Don't call me that." I hissed, hoping it would make him stay. 

"I'm sorry Mads-" I cut him off again. 

"Not that either." He rolls his eyes. 

"I'm sorry Maddie," He emphasized my name, but continued regardless. "I know I said I was here for you, but there's to many bad memories here. I have to go. You could come too, you know." 

"No, I can't. This is home! I'm not leaving! Why are you? Mom and Dad told us to be here for each other and help each other out!" I cry, letting down my tough-girl demeanor. He sighs.

"You know it's not that simple. If your not coming, then I'm leaving now. Call me when your ready, or just come visit. Sorry Maddie, but bye." And with that he turned his back on me. He started walking down the driveway with his two suitcases.

"No! Ben! Come back!" He doesn't turn around. "Ben! I need someone! Stay!" I yell, but he still won't turn around. "BEN! ISN'T THIS ENOUGH? WHY CAN'T YOU STAY? COME BACK!" I scream his name, again and again, into the night, but he keeps walking away, never once turning back around. 

Flashback over:

I feel a tear run down my face. Ever since he left, I've thought of that night every day at least once. 
Maybe I made the wrong decision. Maybe I should've gone with him. 
I never stop thinking about his last words to me. 
"Call me when your ready, or just come visit." He had said

But then he changed his number and never once told me where he went. He just disappeared. To this day, I still wakeup sometimes, thinking I'll walk down the stairs and see him on the couch on his phone, basketball next to him. 
Nope. I'm not that lucky. 

I shake myself out of the trance I was in when I hear a notification go off on my phone. 
@joshrichards just posted a new image! 
I smile and unlock my phone to check. My smile faltered as I look at the post.

@joshrichards