The Fair!

Maddie's POV:

I sigh and put my phone down, looking over at Josh. 
This is soooo boring.
All we've been doing for the past hour is laying on my bed on our phones. I tap him. 

"Joshhhhyyyyy!! We should do something! This is so boring!" I say, voicing my thoughts. He looks up at me and laughs, sitting up. 

"Ok, you live here. So what do you have in mind?" I sigh, because that's the thing. I don't know. Then I remember. 

"We should go to the fair! It's open for this whole week! We should go! Pleaseeee?" I beg, knowing it'll be so fun. He laughs at my childish begging. 

"Of course! Ok let's go!" I don't even warn him. I just grab his arm and start running and pulling him behind me, giving him barely enough time to grab his phone. He starts laughing hard and just goes with it. We both put our shoes on by the door and then once again I grab his hand. We get in my car and I start driving. "Why do you always driveee?" He pouts. I giggle. 

"My car, my rules. But you can pick the music!" I tell him, and when he smirks, I immediately regret it. He plugs his phone in and starts playing Still Softish. I groan and he laughs. "That song is already stuck in my head 24/7!" I cry, groaning again as the chorus comes on. He just laughs at me and I roll my eyes. Soon the song is over and I sigh in relief, and then his playlist keeps going. I listen to everything, always looking for new music choices. Most of his music is really good, vibey, and catchy. We're about 5 minutes from the fair when Cold In LA comes on by Why Don't We and I quickly grab his phone and skip it, not ready to listen to Daniel's vocals yet. I clear my throat and hand his phone back. He looks at me, confused, but then his face softens and he realizes what happened. He sit's back, dropping it, and we listen to one last song and it finishes right as I pull into a parking spot.

"You ready to go?" He asks, flashing me his trademark grin. I nod and smile, excited and we both unbuckle and get out. I lock the car as he comes to my side and grabs my hand. And with that, we head into the gates of the fair. "Two wristbands please!" He politely tells the women at the ticket booth. She nods and he hands over a $20 bill. I sigh. We're about to have that argument every couple has. 
Couple? Wait I-

"No Josh, let me pay," I say pulling on his hand so he doesn't give it to her. 

"No let me!" He replies. 

"I live here!" I reason.

"You got to drive!" I sigh, knowing he has me. He smiles at me and gives the woman the 20. He takes the wristbands and put's one on me and the other on himself. He grabs my hand and we go, ready to ride every ride. 

Time skip, 3 hours later:

I squeal as Josh lands the ball in the cup. He hands me a giant stuffed bear and I smile so wide. I hug it and hug him. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuu!" I say, gratefully. He laughs at me. "Heyyy don't laugh at me!" I whine.

"I'm not, you're just so cute!" I blush and bury my face into the bear. The sky's turned dark and lights are glimmering and it's just an amazing view. It would probably be better from the top of the ferris wheel though... 

"Josh! We should go on the ferris wheel as our last thing!" I say. He agrees and we run to the ferris wheel, hand in hand. Once we board, I'm bouncing in my seat, excited. Josh laughs at how 'childish' I am. When we're at the top, I'm breathless. It's a gorgeous view. Then all of a sudden the ride comes to a stop and we are at the very top. I let out a nervous squeak and look up at Josh. He has a concerned look sketched on his face but it calms when he looks at me. He squeezes my hand. 

"It'll be ok. We won't die, it's stopped, not breaking, and it's probably just technical difficulties. We'll be alright." He assures me. I nod, calming down a lot. That's when I shiver, I hadn't realized how cold it is. He looks at me and almost automatically takes off his hoodie and hands it to me. I blush and throw it over my head. "Aw, you look so cute!" I blush harder. The hoodie goes to my thighs, but I'm still cold. I bury myself into Josh's side, enveloping in his warmth. He wraps his arm around me and I smile. 

And sitting here, in Josh's hoodie in his arms makes me realize;
This here, is all I need.

(A/N: This is a pretty long chapter here, but it's sooo cute. That's basically it, nothing else really important except- OH! Avani is gorgeoussss! Oh- and Charli hit 50 M! Anyways, thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed! K, bye bby's 💖✌🏻)