Welcome To The Sway House

Maddie's POV: 

It all happens in a split second. I am engulfed in a huge hug by Josh and then we are crying in each others arms. 
God, I've missed him.
So much. 
When we finally pull apart I see Avani, Anthony, Jaden, Mads, Payton and a few girls and boys I don't know. 

"Mads?! How did you get here?! What? Oh my god, I missed you so much!" Josh says this all very quickly. In response, I run and hug Jaden and Anthony at the same time. We all group hug even though I saw Jaden a few days ago and Anthony yesterday but they're my best friends. 
What will I do when I go back home?
I push that terrible thought out my mind and quickly hug Mads and Payton and turn back to Josh. His face goes from confused to realization to upset. 
I don't know what the last one came from but oh well. 
"Wait, so I'm assuming you've been planning this with Jaden and Anthony for a while for my birthday and you're surprising me now?!" He asks, putting it all together. I smile. 

"Yes!" I say hugging him again. He hugs me back when my phone starts blowing up along with like, everyone else. I see I'm getting a lot of TikTok notifications. Everyone I made TikToks with over the past week is posting them now because I finally met up with Josh. Everyone is checking their phones now. 
Turns out every TikTokers have notifs on for other famous TikTokers. 
Josh looks up at me, a disgusted look on his face. 

"You- you were at the Hype House?" He asks me, disgusted and confused. I sigh. 

"Only for a week-" I start.

"A week?!" He says loudly, clearly getting upset. I see everyone walking off, not wanting to be a part of this.

"Josh, I literally was only with the girls," Which was a dead lie because I was literally with Tony last night but whatever. 

"Then why are there so many TikToks of you and Chase and Tony?" He asks, accusingly. Here I start to lose my patience. 

"JOSH, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? WE'RE NOT EVEN TOGETHER! WHY DO YOU CARE? AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE GUY FRIENDS?!" I yell, upset when a tear slips down my face. 
Darn it. 
His face softens. 

"I'm sorry Mads. This was really nice of you to come down. Anyways, do you want a tour?" He says, hugging me one more time. 
He's honestly so sweet under his tough-guy appearance.
I smile.

"Of course!" He shows me around, shows me his room, shows me where everyone else's room is but doesn't let me go in because of their personal space, shows me the main floor, shows me the empty kitchen, shows me the living room where everyone plays video games, shows me the balcony, shows me the pool, and we finish where everyone is just sitting, some talking, some on their phones and all vibing. I start to introduce myself. 

"So um... hi everyone! I'm Mads Grimes but you can call me Maddie so me and Mads don't get confused. I'm 19 years old and I live in New Jersey!" I say brightly. The girl sitting next to Payton stands up.

"Hi! I'm Riley Hubatka! I'm 18 and I stay here a lot but I don't live here." A pretty girl says, smiling at me. I wave at her. 

"I'm Bryce." Bryce says, not even looking up. I roll my eyes. 
I don't like this dudes energy. 

"Hi! I'm Indiana but you can call me Indie! I'm 17!" A tall girl who's next to Mads says.  I smile at her. I go through a few more introductions, Tayler, Ansley, Nick, Griffin, and Olivia. There's one more boy so I turn to him. 

"Hi! I'm Kio! I'm 19!" He says, flashing me a dazzling smile. I smile back but I see something past his smile. Past the clouds in his eyes. 
I know this look. 
I have it too. 
Kio is depressed. 
We look at each other for a long time, I'm pretty sure he realizes I do too, and that we already have this bond no one else will understand. I give him a slight smile, to reassure him, and he smiles back in a comforting way. This continues for a second before Josh clears his throat, breaking the silence. We both break out of our trance and look around, awkwardly. Then everyone yells something at the same time, like it was planned. 

"WELCOME TO THE SWAY HOUSE!" 

(A/N: Aw, poor Kio. Anyways this idea is sort of based off the Sway drama atm cause like that was sort of messed up and I love Kio, but not my place so I'll let them sort it out. Anyways, thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! K, bye bby's💖✌🏻)