Why?

Maddie's POV:

I start walking after I run for about 20 minutes, breathing heavily. And despite the pain in my lungs and legs, 
I feel good. 
Josh is completely out of my mind, but I'm also 20 minutes from home and I need water. I look around, deciding to go into the Starbuck's across the seat. My breathing is more steady and I'm less sweaty, but I don't really care who sees me because I never come to this Starbucks. As  I walk in, I am immediately hit by the fantastic scent of freshly grinded coffee.  I inhale the comfort smell and smile, taking in the rest of the store. My eyes fall on one table in the corner of the Starbucks. There is a boy, sitting all alone on his phone. He has the same phone case as Josh, I notice. He has his back turned to me, but from behind, he looked a lot like Josh. Same hair color, same style, and about the same height as I remember Josh when he was sitting.
It couldn't be...
Why would he be here?
Surprising me?
Maybe that's why he was acting weird!
But I can't get my hopes up too high. I start to slowly walk a little closer to see if it's true but another girl beats me too it with 2 coffees.
It's Nessa!
I forgot she lived in New Jersey as well.
She goes up to him and kisses the boy right on the lips. And it's not just a peck. She is full on making out with him. My heart drops. Even though I know I shouldn't, I decide to go a little closer to confirm it's Josh. I slowly go over to the table, unnoticed by both and look. It is indeed Josh and my eyes well up when I see he's kissing back. I run out the Starbucks, not getting water, despite my lungs crying for air and run back home, tears streaming down my face. I don't stop until I get home and flop on my bed. 
Why?
Am I not good enough?
What did I ever do?
It's literally been a week!
He came to New Jersey to visit HER?!
I start sobbing into my pillow and open the groupchat, needing some type of support.

Kylie is our mother

Maddie:
Hey... anyone here?
Shwaty the baddest😍:
I am
RoCkStAr🎸:
Me too!
BugBoy🐜:
Same
Hottieee💕:
I am too!
Vani my wifey💍:
I IS HERE!
Mads bby💖:
I'm here wassup
PaYt My LoRd AnD sAvIoR✝:
Hey I am too!
Maddie:
So um... Josh cheated on me.
Vani my wifey💍:
WHAT?! I'M BEATING THAT MOTHERF- 
Shawty the baddest😍:
Vani, chill. CAUSE I'M DOING IT
Hottieee💕:
I'M COMING TOO ADDI 
Mads bby💖:
ME TOO I'M THROWING HANDS
RoCkStAR🎸:
Wait what? With who?!
BugBoy🐜:
NESSA STUPID! 
PaYt My LoRd AnD sAvIoR✝:
I'M COMING TOO GIRLS NO ONE HURTS MY BEST FRIEND!
Maddie:
Guys, chill out. He didn't tell me he was coming to New Jersey and I just went into Starbucks and Nessa kissed him. It's all fine, everything will be okay. 
RoCkStAr🎸:
So... 
Hottieee💕:
Did he kiss back?!
Vani my wifey💍:
?????
Mads bby💖:
Well...?
Shawty the baddest😍:
MADS IT'S BEEN 2 MINUTES DID HE OR DID HE NOT?!
Maddie:
Yes...
PaYt My LoRd AnD sAvIoR✝:
OH HECK NAH NO ONE HURTS MY BEST FRIEND
RoCkStAr🎸:
THE SECOND HE GETS BACK HE'S SO DEAD
BugBoy🐜:
Josh? Really?
Vani my wifey💍:
ANTHONY STOP BEING SO OBLIVIOUS WOULD MADS LIE? NO! SO WHERE ARE WE BURYING JOSH?!
Hottieee💕:
I ALWAYS HATED HIM I KNEW IT HE'S THE WORST
Mads bby💖:
I'M GOING TO KILL HIM
Shawty the baddest😍:
NO I WILL FIRST
Maddie:
Guys, relax. Okay? I'm going to shower. Try not to kill anyone while I'm gone. 

They keep texting and spamming the groupchat, but I power my phone off, wanting to ignore my friends death threats to Josh. I curl into a ball and start sobbing. 
Why can't I be enough for him?
After this happens for about 45 minutes, I stand up, head hurting and eyes burning. Then all of a sudden, I'm not sad. I'm angry. I'm angry I'm not good enough. I'm angry Josh is in New Jersey and didn't even tell me. I'm angry we just got together and he kissed Nessa. I'm angry Nessa is so perfect. I punch the wall in anger, even though I've told Tony countless times not to. There's a dent and I groan as I start to cry again. I decide to just shower to try to cool off and I end up being in the shower for an hour and the time I get out, the water has ran cold and I'm all pruny. I sigh and put on sweatpants and a hoodie, and lay down on my bed, still crying, and start binging Outer Banks again because I'm sad. It's been at least 3 hours of this when I hear a knock on the door. I groan and go downstairs to open the door and see Tony right there, on my front porch. My jaw drops and I stare at him for a second, then crumble into his arms. He hugs me and I start crying. 
Again
When I stop crying, I start talking, my voice cracking.

"Tony? Why are you here?" I ask him. He smiles.

"I came as soon as I heard." He responds. 

"Who'd you hear from?" I asked. 

"Charli. She was screaming and Addi and Vani were trying to calm her although they were both clearly upset too. I got the first flight and your friends will be coming soon. Probably tomorrow. But we can't let you go through this alone." I smile gratefully at my amazing friends, falling into his arms again. 

"Thank you." I whisper, not sure it's even audible. 

(A/N: JOSH GET READY ALL THE READERS ARE COMING TO KILL YOU RUN! I know we all hate him, I do too, but let's see how he turns out. Or will Mads forget him and get with Tony? Jaden? Noen? Chase? Payton? Who knows? Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed! K, bye bby's 💖✌🏻)