The Plan pt. 1

Josh's POV:

Josh:
Addison, I need help
Addison:
Um... I'm not helping you. You broke my bby's heart. 
Josh:
Hear me out.
Addison:
Ugh fine
Josh:
I'm going to make everything better. I have a plan.
Addison:
Continue...
Josh:
Can you bring Mads to the beach at 6 next Friday?
Addison:
Um... explain more before I say yes. 
Josh:
Okay, here's what I'm thinking

I explain my whole plan to her and in the end she agrees to help, and tells me she'll get all the girls in and possibly Bryce if he'll agree. 
Step one, complete.

Maddie's POV: 

I sit against my headboard, scrolling through my phone. I hear a knock on my door. 

"Come in!" I yell out and in walks my three boy best friends. "Jaden! Ant! Kio!" I squeal. I get up quickly, dropping my phone in the process, and group hug them. They all laugh and hug me back, before taking a seat on the couch I have in my room. I sit on my bed, and gesture for them all to come over so I can see them easier. After they sit down, we all sit in a sort of uncomfortable silence. I look around and see that none of them look like their normal selves. Ant looks very pale, Jaden looks sleepless and his eyes are bloodshot, which I assume means that he's been crying, and Kio keeps staring into space which he never does. Oh, and his hair is a little messy, he'd never allow that. I clear my throat and they all quickly look over at me, startled. "Um, guys, what's up? Are you guys all okay?" They all sigh in unison.

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"It's Josh..." Jaden says hesitating. I let out a breath and know something's wrong with him and as much as I want to hate him and not care, I do.

"Okay so... what about him?" I say quietly and they all glance at each other for a split second before turning back to me. Anthony sighs again and starts talking.

"So yesterday, he was chilling in the living room when his hoodie sleeve slid up..." He says slowly, trailing off at the end. Even though I think I know where this might be going, I use my hand and gesture for him to continue. 

"Go on..." 

"Well... from the part of his wrist we saw," He pauses for a long time and can't seem to meet my eyes before he bursts out. "Oh Mads, Josh has been cutting himself!" My jaw drops in horror. 
How? 
Why?
Not my Joshy...
Wait, not mine anymore
...

"What? B-but h-he..." I trail off, not able to finish my sentence. I breath in and out for a second, tears pricking my eyes before focusing back on the boys. "Isn't he..."

"The one who cheated? Yea, but we think he really regrets it. He seems really depressed and just... gone." Kio says before staring into space again. I feel my face pale. 
Oh god, this is all my fault!
Why couldn't I just listen? Just let him explain?
Anthony seems to catch on to my thoughts.

"Mads, none of this is your fault. He cheated. Not you." Anthony says hurriedly, but I just shake my head not being able to talk. When I regain my ability to speak, I do.

"Josh couldn't- h-he wouldn't- I promised him I wouldn't! W-why would he?" I say and feel a single tear run down my cheek. 

"We think he's just going through a really hard time right now and because he loves you so much and doesn't want you hurt, he's resorted to hurting himself.  We think he might try to make it better." Jaden says when he realizes I'm crying. I just nod, taking in all the new news. After a while Kio speaks up.

"Mads, don't worry, none of this is your fault. Truly. You did nothing wrong and he knows that which is why he's taking it out on himself. He is trying to make it better... and the cut looked like it was at least a week old..." Kio says. He would know how old it was by seeing it. For some reason, this slowly makes me more hopeful. 
Maybe he's stopped! 
Maybe he will fix it!
Maybe we can just be happy together again!
No Mads, he hurt you. 
But... 
We all sit in silence, listening to only our own thoughts when Addison pokes her head through the open doorframe. 

"Boys, get out. And Mads, get your lazy butt up, we're going shopping for stuff. We're doing a girls night next Friday and we all need to get new swimsuits and sundresses!" She says in a sing-song voice. I laugh a little at her oblivion to the serious, sad moment we were all in just now. The boys chuckle and stand up, and after shooting one last glance at me, they walk out my door. I get up not long after, and follow Addi into her room to wait for the other girls.

(A/N: I have a question! Are you staying loyal to the fact that this is a Josh fanfic and ship Maddie with him, or ship her with someone else? Someone who treats her well? Idk how I even feel lol. Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed! K, bye bby's💖✌🏻)