17: New Years

"You knew!" "He knew and I didn't" "I-" "you knew and you didn't tell us!" "I can't believe this" "happy new years?"

                      17 hours earlier

                         Clementine

I wake up to the sound of a tik tok being made. Of course people are already making tik toks. It's typical in this house. I check the time and it's 7 am. I wake up and get ready for the day. I decide to curl my hair and I wear a tie dye crop top with jeans. I walk out of my bedroom and smile as I see the normal people doing normal stuff, making tik toks and watching friends. Coco is making breakfast as I'd nothing is going to change 2 weeks from now when she moves back to New York. Then I frown. Nobody knows that she's moving yet. What are they going to say when they find out. Everybody was so happy, this can't be ruined. I almost started crying just thinking about it, how this would all end, but then I convinced myself not to. But then I asked myself why did she tell me, why didn't she tell Gavin or Hayely, maybe even Corinne. I decide it would be nice to go on a walk. I walk for about 20 minutes before tripping over a stick. I don't know why but I picked it up and snapped it in half. Maybe it's because I used to do that alot when I was stressed. I would break stuff. I hear someone walk behind me "what did that poor stick do to you?" Jentzen asked and I just shook my head and started walking back towards the house. If I had told him I was stressed he would have asked why, if I had told him nothing he would've known something was up.

                              Coco

I could see how much this was stressing Clementine out, honestly I felt kind of bad. I don't know why I didn't just talk to Gavin or Hayley. She was the closest person and I needed to tell someone. I needed somebody to talk to. "You've got to tell them" Clementine says walking into my room expecting no body else to be there. I was filming a tik tok with Sawyer. "Tell who what?" Sawyer asked, great now Sawyer was going to know. It was one of those best friend things. They had made a pact to never lie to eachother and to try and not keep secrets from eachother, because that creates more drama. "Coco's moving back to New York" Clementine says and Sawyer says "when are you telling everyone?" "I dont know" I reply. "It's going to be a new year starting tomorrow, tell them today" Sawyer says "why?" I ask "because they deserve to know, these people are your friends" Sawyer says "I'll think about it" I say and rush out of the room.

                              Sophie

"Are you okay?" I ask as Coco rushes out of her room. She just nods her head and keeps running. She looks like she was about to cry so I decide to run after her. "Coco, what's going on?" I ask "nothing" she says while blinking away tears. She reaches for a plate of food, she stares at it for a second, and then pushes it away. "What's wrong?" I ask "nothing, I'm just not hungry" she says and she walks away. Then Sawyer and Clementine come rushing down the stairs. They both have concerned looks on their faces as they rush around looking for Coco. "What is going on" I ask "nothing" they reply in unsion and run off. Something is really off with them right now, I just need to figure out what.

                       15 hours later

                             Piper

Two more hours until it's officially a new year. We're all climbing onto the roof with blankets and food and fireworks. I sit on the roof and Walker sits next to me leaning his head on my shoulder. I give him a kiss on the cheek and then I admire the beautiful night sky. There were a bunch of fireworks already going off but we were all waiting until midnight. 2 more hours and I'll be able to say hello 2021.

                               Indi

The stars shined bright, which in my opinion was a hint as to what the next year holds. We will all have bright features. But then one of the starts started to disappear, a symbol that one of us would leave? Then another one. Two people were leaving. I frowned at the thought. Who would be leaving?

             10 minutes till midnight

                              Gavin

Coco has been acting weird all day. So have Sawyer and Clementine. I look at Coco who looked like she was in deep thought. I figured why not we ask every one what their resolutions are to lighten the mood. "What's your new years resolution Coco?" I ask and she stares at me. "What's your new years resolution" Piper says and Coco replies with "maybe start cooking and baking more, for people who dont live here. Maybe for family" Coco says.

             2 minutes till midnight

                             Emily

We were all asking eachother questions like what's your worst secret or the worst lie you've ever told. I decided to ask Sawyer. Maybe we could finally figure out what was wrong with him. Why he was so nervous and secretive today. "Sawyer, what's you deepest secret?" I ask him. Sawyer hesitates to answer, he looks at Coco "I'm moving back to new york" she announces.

                         Clementine

Now everybody knew the truth. "And Gavin and I are dating" she says "oh yeah we all knew that, but go back to the last part, where you said you were moving!" Hayley says, her voice raising towards the end. She looked really upset. "Guys, she just didn't know how to tell y'all" Sawyer says. "You knew!" Hayley shouts "he knew and I didn't" Gavin says "I-" Sawyer starts but he's cut off by Sophie. "You knew and you didn't tell us" "I can't beleive this" Gavin adds. Everybody was silent for a few seconds. My alarm went off and I said the only thing that came to mind. The only thing that could possibly break the tension. Maybe make us all laugh a bit. "Happy new years?".