27: The touch of a hand

Clementine

"You're leaving" Hayden asks as he gets off of the floor. "Yeah, I got a great acting opportunity" I responded. "That's great" Hayden said. "The acting opportunity not you leaving" Hayden said. He hugged me and then Sophie rushes into the room. "Okay, first of all what are y'all all doing in here?" She says "I'm moving to New York" I said "oh" Sophie said in response. "Okay, well what is the second thing?" Gavin asks "Coco just moved her hand!" Sophie shouted. "Why didn't you tell us that first!" Gavin shouts back "I dont know" Sophie says. Gavin was running out of the door to see her. "Gavin, slow down!" Sophie shouted. "When did yall even get back?" Sophie adds "just a few minutes ago" I reply. Then Gavin rushes off again.

Gavin

"Gavin, were not fully sure if she will wake up soon or not" Coco's mom tells me. I didn't care. I just had to see my best friend. I walked in and there she was. I dont know why not o thought, maybe this was just Sophie messing with me. Then again, she wouldn't joke about something like this. I sit at the end of her hospital bed and debate on what to say. "Hey I heard somewhere that, even when you're in a coma, you can still hear things. I just want you to know that you can make it. I know it, I have faith in you. And even if you cant hear me, I just want to say that you will get through this. I know you will because, I dont know what I would do if you didn't. So if you can hear me please give me a sign, anything, please" I finally say.

Clementine

I walk out to the lobby. It was time to tell everyone. "May I please have everyone's attention?" I ask and they all turn to me. "I just want to get it over with, because I feel like yall deserve to know. If Coco makes it through this, I'm going to be leaving with her. I got a really good acting offer and I think I'm going to take it. I know this is really shirt notice, but I just had to tell y'all before it was too late" I said. Everybody looks at me kind of surprised and then they all get up and hug me. "We're going to miss you so much Clem" Corinne says "thanks guys, but right now I think we should focus on Coco, shes getting better" I said trying to bring up a bit of a more positive note.

Gavin

I was about to walk out of the room and then something squeezed my hand. I looked down and saw that Coco's hand was holding mine. I sit there shocked. Hayley walked in right then "what taking so long Gavin, you dont need to give a big speech" she says and then she looks at Coco and I's hands. "She held your hand" Hayley says "yeah" I replied. Hayley rushed out and told everyone else. I looked down at Coco's hand once more, now I knew she would survive.