21: Let the investigation begin

Mariam

"Let the investigation begin" one of the police officers say. One of the police officers walk up to Jake, Kaylee (coco's sister), Rhianna (coco's sister), and I. "We're going to try our best and find them" they say and I nod my head. Obviously it didn't help to much. He said 'were going to try' not something like 'we will find them, or I have faith, or they're going to be okay'. Then again I guess they cant tell us lies. They dont know if our friends will reaally be okay. Nobody does. Except for Coco, Gavin, and Clementine of course. "Do y'all have security cameras?" An officer asks "yes, we do" Corinne's mom says. "I'll have to get them pulled up from the computer" Corinne's mom says and the officer nods. She walks to the editing room and grabs the computer. She types in the password. And it begins to load.

                             Walker

It's been 5 minutes. The computer is still loading. I cant with the suspense right now. I stare at the computer. Finally the loading symbol disappears. Corinne's mom goes to the app fast and we all wait for the cameras to pop up on the screen. We sit there, we wait. Then something pops up on the screen. It says 'cameras have been disabled'. "What!" Hayley shouts while looking at the screen.

                             Hayley
"Okay, maybe we can check your neighbors cameras" One of the police officers say, I look at his name badge. "Thank you, officer Pete" I say and he nods his head. "Okay, while officer Pete goes to the neighbor's to check, why not we look at any potential kidnappers" another officer says. Officer Lea is what her name tag says. "And, why not some of y'all look for any clues, as to who could have done this" Coco's mom says. "Indi, Walker, Piper, Lev. Y'all go check upstairs" Gavin's mom says. "Jenna, Corinne, Aidan, Jentzen. Y'all go check outside". "Txunamy, Stefan, Sophie, Sawyer, and Emily. Y'all gi check upstairs". Everyone nods their heads. Now it was just Hayden, Mariam, Symonne, Jullian, and I downstairs with all of the parents. "Do y'all have any idea, on who could've done this?" Officer Lea asks. I try to think. Who would've done this?

                            Hayden

We all just sat there silently. I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and ran to my room. I heard someone running after me, but I didn't care. I slammed the door and run into my room and scream. "Hey" someone says, I turn around to see Symonne. "Oh, hi" I said tears beginning to form in my eyes. I wipe my tears and make room on my bed for her to sit next to me. "Why did this have to happen to Clem, or to any of our friends?" I ask and Symonne replies with a simple "I don't know". She hugged me and we both just sat there for a second. "It'll be okay, I know it" Symonne says and I just sigh in response. "By, the way it's okay to cry" she says.

                             Hayley

"Okay, I want all of y'all to just take some time, take some deep breaths, get some water" Officer Lea said. Everyone except for me got up. I just sat there "Hayley" Rhianna says "I'm fine, I just don't want a break" I say and she just nods her head. I could tell she knew I was lying. But I couldn't take a break, when my best friend had been kidnapped.

                            Mariam

"Do you want some water or something?" I ask Jake and he replies with a simple sure. "Can I have some juice?" He asks "yeah" I said. I got the orange juice out of the fridge. I take a closer look at Jake. He looked a little weak. "Take this and go lay down" I said and he nods his head. I guide him to Gavin's room and he lays down on the bed. "He's lucky to have such great friends like y'all" Jake says pointing to a picture of some of us.

(Pretend that Jake is Jentzen, Elliana is Sophie, Nicolette is Piper, Sarah is Coco, and Eian is Walker)

"He's lucky to have such a great brother too" I said. We both just sit and stare at the ceiling. Then I look over and see that Jake has fallen asleep. I quietly got up and left the room. I close the door and head downstairs. "Any luck?" I ask and Hayley shakes her head no. I don't know what I was expecting to hear. "Okay, let's start looking deeper into who might have done it" an officer says and we all agree.

                               Coco

"I have a plan" I whisper. Gavin and Clementine look at me. This plan can totally work if we plan it out right. It needs to work. "My plan is...."