« prologue »

At the early hours, the airport was as serene as it ever was. The people moved with ease, quiet rivers of humanity freshly roused from their slumber. The floors were clean and white, reflecting the early rays and the man-made light the same.

As an adolescent woman walked out the doors of the airport, she could see the sun blooming on the horizon—golden petals stretching ever outwards into the rich blue sky. It has been a long time since she saw the buildings of Tokyo. How many years has it been? Six years?

The spring breeze waltzed through her (H/C) hair, tousling it into buoyant curls. It carried the fragrance of the earth, soft after the washing of the rain and a sweet and steady sense of joy.

Spring was always different in Japan. The air was chilled, making her somewhat shiver. Her parents waved her over as their cab arrived. She swung her backpack over her shoulder and scrambled to the car.

She was going to finally see him again. Would he be able to remember her after all those long years?

"Don't leave me down here!" The young boy grumbled as he slowly made his way up the hill.

The late summer breeze danced through the long, earthy grass. Bathed in brilliant summer sunlight, white and pink clover on the hills, the grass grew taller in the meadows as it swayed, rustling as crickets chirp. Boats rose and fell in the lock, and wispy clouds scudding across an azure sky.

"Then hurry up, slow-poke!" It was just a normal summer day for the two children.

A young girl vigorously ran up the steep hill, leaving the poor boy at the bottom. She ran through the leaves that hum with life all around. She twirled about, in search of the birds that sang sweetly. The sun broke through the cracks as it lit up the dirt path ahead, decorated with outgrown roots, wildflowers and fallen leaves that crunched beneath her feet.

"I don't like it here." The boy had finally caught up with the energetic youth. "What if we get sick?"

"We won't, now come on!" She ran up ahead of him as he huffed out in annoyance before running after her. They finally slowed down when they approached a cliff that overlooked the city below them.

"Wow," her eyes twinkled as she looked down on the city. The young boy didn't understand why she dragged him up here just for this. "It's so pretty!"

"I don't understand what's so special-"

"Kiyo!"

"Alright, alright." He gazed over the city. From so high up, the people looked like ants, while the cars looked like toys. At the cliff they were on, he could clearly see the Tokyo Tower.

"It's sad that this might be the last time I see this." Her mouth curved into a pout. He had forgotten that she was going to move in a few months. He didn't want it to happen, but there wasn't anything he could do.

"I'll come back one day, and then we can share this view again!" He nodded at her words.

"Mm!"

"Pinky promise that we'll see each other again?" She held out her pinkie for the boy who eagerly intertwined his, with hers.

"I promise!"

Her name was (L/N) (Y/N).

His name was Sakusa Kiyoomi.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

heyy, i really wanted to make a story for sakusa cause this boy deserves so much!! ('͈ ᵕ '͈ )

i haven't seen many sakusa fanfics so i decided to start one and fill my soul

hope you enjoy! ღ

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!