31 | kronen

Her voice was the extra push he needed. Her smile was the coal that fueled and kept him going. Her presence was the base of it all. All those powered his exhausted figure.

"He's goin' left!" Atsumu shouted to Aran and Suna, jumping up for a three-man block.

The three towered above Shishido as he went up for a spike. He spiked it off Osamu's hand, which gave Inarizaki a free ball. He clicked his tongue and prepared to block with Matsushima.

"Shishi, go up straight." Matsushima patted his shoulder and jumped up to block Ginjima.

Ginjima ricocheted the ball off Shishido's hand, making it fly at full speed to the back. Komori scrambled to dive for the ball, keeping it in the air.

Iizuna sets the ball to Matsushima, who does a broad jump to the right and aimed the ball at Atsumu. Instead, Aran stepped in front of him and bumped it up.

The ball started falling directly over the net, earning a gasp from (Y/N). Matsushima and Suna jumped for the ball and initiated a joust.

Suna wrinkled his eyebrows as Matsushima started overpowering him and pushed the ball onto his side.

Luckily, Akagi was right behind to save it and kept it in the air. Atsumu sets the ball to Aran, who spiked it right where Komori was.

Komori sucked in his stomach and held his breath as he absorbed the power from Aran's spike, it was going to leave a mark on his arm for a few hours.

"Middle! Middle! He's comin' from the back!" Atsumu yelled out at the top of his lungs.

"Sakusa!"

"Three blockers!"

Behind Shishido, who faked the spike, came Sakusa, who got ready to spike the ball.

"Let's go, Kiyo!" (Y/N) cupped her mouth and screamed, trying to overpower the crowd.

She knew that she wasn't going to be louder than them and hoped that Sakusa could hear it anyways.

Actually, Sakusa did hear it and started to not feel the exhaustion anymore.

It was just what he needed. His heart smashed in his chest as his feet flew across the court.

He spiked the ball past the blockers as it brushed their fingers, letting it land right on the backline of Inarizaki's court before anyone could touch it. He watched the ball slammed against the court and rebounded back into the air.

The other side watched wide-eyed with their mouth agape as silence consumed them. The referee tweeted his whistle and made a cross sign with his arms.

Sakusa's feet hit the ground as he looked at the yellow digits of the clock that glared at him from their lofty perch.

3:1 / 27 - 25, 20 - 25, 25 - 22, 31 - 29

Itachiyama had won Interhigh Nationals.

The crowd went crazy and erupted in cheers while cameras clicked and flashed, capturing the moment of the new champions.

"There you have it! Itachiyama is this year's, Interhigh champions!"

"What a match! Inarizaki and Itachiyama sure did put up a pertinacious fight, but it looks like Itachiyama is emerging victorious this time!"

"They didn't even need to play a total of five sets to win!"

Atsumu and Osamu collapsed on the floor and stared at the ceiling.

"Well, doesn't this suck," Atsumu breathlessly says.

"Just means we need more training, Tsumu," Osamu replied, trying to wrap his mind around the loss. Time for a good meal to replenish the energy they had lost.