1 | reunion of two souls

Dusk was falling and goosebumps appeared on Sakusa's arms from the evening chill. The green shrubbery now looking almost black silhouetted. He had just finished practice and was about to head home. His arms felt snuff from practice as they were getting ready for the upcoming Kantou Tournament. Ever since he had been going to Itachiyama Academy, they've been able to attend Nationals every year.

He was waiting at the gates for his friend, Komori, who was still in the change room. He was growing impatient as time went by, pacing back and forth.

"Sorry, sorry," Komori called out, jogging towards the gate where Sakusa waited. "I couldn't find my towel so it took me some time to find it."

Sakusa snapped and turned away. "I was just about to leave without you. Did you get the list for the upcoming practice matches?"

"Yep," Komori handed him a sheet filled with information on the upcoming practice matches they had. "Coach really likes to do practice matches, doesn't he?"

"If we don't practice enough, we'll fail."

Komori sighed out. "You're as negative as ever..."

"I am not negative-"

His statement was cut off when he heard someone suddenly call his name. "Kiyo?"

A nickname that he hasn't heard in 6 years. No one else calls him that except for that one girl, but she couldn't be here. She left a long time ago, why would she suddenly be back?

He turned to the voice where he saw a young lady around his age. Her face was so similar to hers, bright and warm. A face filled with joy.

Her flabbergasted expression was the very same ever since he last saw her. She donned an oversize white t-shirt that was tucked into her blue, loose jeans and accompanied by white sneakers. He had a feeling that it was her, but it felt all too unexpected.

"Is it really you?" She whispered out. (Y/N) only wanted to check out the school she was going to attend until she saw someone that resembled Sakusa. His appearance changed, his hair grew much longer and curlier. From what she was seeing, he seemed like a giant. The last time she saw him, he was the same height as her.

"(Y/N)?" Sakusa breathed out, slightly muffled by his mask. His eyes widened in surprise, dropping the paper he was holding before running towards her. Sakusa pulled her into a gentle embrace, letting her head lay on his torso. Her presence felt familiar to him. "It really is you."

(Y/N) was taken aback by the sudden contact Sakusa had made. She could feel time stop as she leaned into the warm hug. After 6 years, she had finally found him. His hug showed how much he missed her, and the yearning desire to see her again. His presence was intimate as he emitted a comforting scent. She wrapped her hands around his tall build and relaxed her head onto his chest.

"I'm back Kiyo."

Komori watched from afar and stood in silence, not wanting to ruin the moment for the two. He was unbelievably shocked at Sakusa suddenly running off. He had never seen him do something impulsive since the spiker has always been prudent about his actions. After seeing him hug someone, Komori was amazed. Sakusa had never touched anything unnecessary, he was disgusted by the germs that they might possess, but now he's hugging someone? Just who was that girl?

Sakusa and (Y/N) finally broke the hug and faced the now smiling Komori who waved as if nothing happened. "Don't mind me, just keep doing your thing. It's quite an enjoyable sight."

Sakusa furrowed his brows at Komori's remark while (Y/N) giggled and tugged on Sakusa's sleeves. "Are you busy right now? Let's catch up sometime!"