16 | fresh new day

Slowly and reluctantly, (Y/N) uncovered her face. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window as she sat up. She stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

(Y/N) glanced at the clock as her eyes slowly widened as she was ten minutes late. Her alarm should've gone off fifteen minutes ago, but it seemed like her phone died. How could she have forgotten to charge it?

She quickly scrambled to the washroom and scrubbed her teeth before putting on her day clothes (let's just say she showered at night and doesn't shower in the morning). She ran out of her room and flew down the stairs, making it in time for breakfast.

"Woah! (Y/N) can fly!" Matsushima's eye gleamed as he pointed at (Y/N)'s out-of-breath figure

"Sorry... My alarm... Didn't... Go off..."

• • •

Time passed, and the cafeteria gradually emptied. Some people started making their way to the gym while others went back to their room.

As (Y/N) turned around after putting away her tray, she bumped into a firm chest. "Oww..."

She felt strong hands on her shoulder as she stepped back, she tilted her head upwards to see a familiar blonde-haired boy.

"Kitten-chan! Glad to see you again!" Terushima smiled brightly at her.

(Y/N) went stone-faced at the sight. It was too early for this to be happening. "Can I have your number?"

"No, sorry."

"Aw, come on. How about this, if we win a match against your team, you have to give me your number!"

"Um-" (Y/N) took a step back in an attempt to get away from Terushima. Suddenly, the boy in front of her got shoved to the side with an 'ack!'

"I'm so sorry about that!" A girl with short, brown hair and bangs deeply bowed in front of her.

(Y/N) was taken aback by the sudden appearance and apology. "Uh, it's fine."

"He's always like this, so please ignore him."

"Hey! I was just about to get her number," Terushima made a face and crossed his arms.

"Stop bothering people for their numbers!" The girl pushed Terushima out of the cafeteria before looking over her shoulder once more. "I'm sorry about him once again!"

(Y/N) awkwardly waved as she watched Terushima get pushed reluctantly out of the room.

"Attention all volleyball players attending the Shiratorizawa Training Camp, please make your way to the gym as matches are starting soon."

• • •

The first match of the day for Itachiyama was against Shiratorizawa. (Y/N) hummed as she walked alongside Sakusa towards their assigned court.

"Yo!" A cheery voice called out. Sakusa and (Y/N) turned around to see Tendou approaching them. "It's good to see you again, (L/N)!"

(Y/N) giggled softly. "Hello, Tendou!"

"You know him?" Sakusa gravely asked.

"Ah, yes! We both found out that we liked Shonen Jump and kicked it off from there!

Tendou happily nodded along as she explained to Sakusa.

"Oh, long time no see, Wakatoshi-kun." Sakusa looked behind Tendou as a tall, dark olive-brown haired man came towards them.