4 | the blooming of wisteria

Wisterias are one of the most popular spring flowers in Japan. The elegant purple beauty starts blooming mid to late spring, mostly May or June, in most places. An annual celebration is held to commemorate the blooming.

The weekend had arrived along with the festival. With nothing else better to do, (Y/N) invited Komori and Sakusa to attend the festival with her.

(Y/N) looked through the window to see Komori and Sakusa waiting for her on the sidewalk. Sakusa was brooding away while Komori was laughing.

"Be home by four, dear!" Her mother called out.

"I will okaa-san!" She slipped on her sneakers and slung her bag over her shoulder before running off to greet them.

"Thanks for agreeing to go!" (Y/N) smiled at the two.

"No problem! I was about to go anyways," Komori replied before pointing his finger at Sakusa. "But I'm surprised you were able to get this guy to go. He doesn't like crowds, after all, how did you do it?"

(Y/N) laughed. "At first he said no, so I bribed him with anmitsu*. I promised to make it for him after."

"Sakusa like sweets? That's so cool! I thought he hated sweets or anything in general."

Sakusa scowled at the two and started walking ahead of them. "Let's go before I change my mind."

(Y/N) and Komori chuckled between themselves before jogging to catch up with Sakusa, who was far ahead of them. His shoulders slumped, and his hands stuffed in his pockets. He wasn't going to enjoy it. He wanted to go home.

"So (Y/N), I heard coach asked you to be the manager," Komori says while placing his hand on the back of his head. "Are you going to do it?"

"Hm, I'm still thinking about it. What do you think, Komori?"

"You would be a great asset to our team! But I'll respect your decision if you choose not to do it."

"I think I'll do it. I'll get to see you guys in action closer!" (Y/N) grinned.

They finally arrived at the festival where the crowd was massive. She could hear the cheering and chatter fill the chilled air. Sakusa emitted an aura of disapproval while mumbling, "I want to go home. I want to go home."

"Sorry for dragging you here Kiyo. I know how much you hate crowds, so I'll be quick about it."(Y/N) patted his shoulder, which relieved him a bit, but not enough to be comfortable.

"I hate it here. You never know how many germs people carry around." Sakusa murmured out, but (Y/N) had already run off to see the wisterias.

"Wow," she breathed out and twirled around. "I never get to see this in America. I miss it."

"I see this every year, but it never fails to amaze me," Komori laughed out. "It seems like you're enjoying it unlike that guy over there."

He turned to face Sakusa, who was moping beside a tree that was far away from the crowd. His eyes urged them to finish up quickly, and luckily, (Y/N)'s stomach began to growl.

"Uh, oh. I didn't have lunch yet, so my stomach is complaining."

Komori snickered. "Let's get something to eat then."

"Ah wait, I made bentos for all of us though cause I know how much Sakusa hates eating out with the germs."

"Wow, really? Thanks (Y/N)! Let's go to that hill over there to eat away from the crowd." Komori pointed towards a hill that was illuminated by the sun.

"Sure!"

They climbed the hill with ease before the two plopped down onto the fresh grass while Sakusa leaned against the tree instead. (Y/N) handed the two boys their bentos before opening up hers.