12 | court conqueror

The sound of chatter slowly faded as Sakusa and (Y/N) walked further and further away.

"I think we lost him," Sakusa released his grasp around (Y/N)'s hand.

"What was that for, Kiyo?" (Y/N) looked around to see a lot fewer people around them. "Also, who are you talking about?"

"I don't like you talking with that Aiden guy."

"It's Aiken, and why not? There's nothing wrong with him, just a friendly guy who helped me."

(Y/N) could feel a smile creeping onto her face when an idea popped into her head. "Don't tell me... you're jealous?"

Sakusa furrowed his brows. "Why would I be jealous?"

(Y/N) just smirked and patted him on the shoulder before walking away. "I think it's time for our next match."

After she walked away from Sakusa's sight, she could feel her face beginning to heat up. It took all of her strength not to get flustered in front of him.

"He's just a friend. He's just a friend...." Thoughts ran through her mind as she walked back to the main arena. "Just a friend that's looking out for her."

The feeling of his hands still lingered on her hand. It was unexpectedly smooth and soft, devoid of any impurities. The warmth of his hands overtaking her cold ones remained in her head. She was definitely going insane.

Sakusa was still standing in the same spot and was looking back to what he just did. Did he go too far? But if he did, (Y/N) would've told him already. He was confused. She just left with a smirk and pat. What was that supposed to mean?

He looked at the clock on the wall nearby. His match was just about to start. Sakusa lightly sighed before making his way towards the courts. It was unusual to be caught up by his thoughts, especially when it's about someone.

"Woah, how odd, Sakusa being late," Matsushima tittered as Sakusa glared at him.

"I had to do something, where's (Y/N)?"

"She's over there." Matsushima pointed to the side where she was cheerfully talking to the captain of Nekoma.

"I like pugs. They're cute." Kuroo had recognized (Y/N) from the Kantou Tournament and approached her. Right off the bat, they bonded from their mutual love for dogs. "You remind me of them cause of your cuteness."

"Aw, thank you." (Y/N) paid no heed to his flirtatious nature. She wasn't going to lie. It was fun to play along. At first, she thought Kuroo was a womanizer, but gradually, she could see that he was just a laid-back guy with no intention of hitting her up despite his flirtatious actions.

Meanwhile, a certain someone was silently staring at the scene that was unfolding.

"Eh? Jealous? I would have never guessed the great Sakusa would be jealous." Yoneda approached from behind Sakusa with a grin.

"No, I'm just looking out for her," Sakusa says while furrowing his brows.

"Ya know, if you keep furrowing your brows, you're gonna get wrinkles and look old like a grandpa."

"I'm not a grandpa," he grumbled and walked away. Yoneda placed his hands on his hips and smiled.

"Sakusa is jealooooousss."

• • •

(Y/N) watched in awe as Kuroo did a delay spike and earned the point for Nekoma. She shouldn't be rooting for the other team (which she wasn't), but she couldn't help but become impressed by the move.