29 | awaken

The team of Inarizaki waited for Coach Kurosu to explain what to do next only to have him say this one unexpected line:

"Take this as an advantage like how a dog ravages his bone."

The team could only nod slowly at his habitual but intriguing example in his explanation.

Back at the benches of Itachiyama, Sakusa remained lost in thought as their coach explained what they needed to watch out for and take advantage.

"Sakusa?" Iizuna waved his hand in front of his face.

Sakusa snapped out of his thoughts and raised an eyebow at Iizuna. "Yes?"

"The match is starting. You didn't seem like you were going to move anytime soon, so I came to wake you up!"

"Oh, thank you..."

• • •

The second set started with a strong serve from Shishido, slightly breaking the formation of Inarizaki by having Atsumu receive.

Osamu covered for Atsumu as a setter and sets to Ginjima only to be overwhelmed by Matsushima and Oyami's wall. His rashness caused him to spike right into the block, thinking it could blow them away.

Normally, this type of spike would break through a block, but this was Matsushima and Oyami he was facing. They weren't someone people should underestimate.

At that moment, Matsushima and Oyami instantly shut down Ginjima's spike, gaining the first point of the second set for Itachiyama.

"Yes!"

With Sakusa still being cautious around Inarizaki, Itachiyama tried to best to score as much without their ace.

Inarizaki fought hard to secure their place in the finals; if they were to lose the second set, it would lessen their chance of winning. They weren't planning on losing either.

Aran spiked the ball, aiming for the left sidelines only to have Sakusa dive and save it.

The ball flew over the net, giving Inarizaki another free ball. Itachiyama was down four points, and Inarizaki was already at set point. They only needed one more point before Inarizaki would win the second set.

Inarizaki's libero received the free ball and passed it up to the front. Instead of Atsumu being at the spot where the setter was usually at, he joined his team as they all ran towards the front. Itachiyama was baffled, what were they going to pull off?

Just as they thought Atsumu was going spike it, he does his twin signature move with Osamu: the soul-swap delayed spike.

Osamu sets the ball to Atsumu instead as they switched places, catching Itachiyama off-guard. They did not expect something so risky, but this was Inarizaki they were playing against. When were they ever not doing anything risky?

Atsumu's spike went past the block and landed right on the line. Komori tried to save it only to miss the ball by a millisecond. Only if he knew a second before they were going to do it.

Their spirits rose right out of their chests, their shouts of joy echoing around. The crowd went wild, they hollered the Miya twin's names, and their band played a jubilant theme to celebrate their win of the second set. To pull off such an impressive move for the last point was incredible.

"Sorry, if only I reacted a second faster, the ball would still be in the air." Komori panted out and wiped the dripping sweat from his forehead with a towel.

"It's alright. We just need to win the next set!" Iizuna playfully slapped his back.

"I got it," Sakusa suddenly says, and widened his eyes.