7 | golden voice I

This morning wasn't gray but by soothing lavender and brilliant amber.

Twilight melted away; majestic sunrise, red-orange glow seeped over the horizon as if the light itself was being poured from a molten sun. Powerful rays flooded over the landscape, lighting every blade of grass, shining from each leaf.

"Ahhhh-hhaaaaaa." (Y/N) stretched her arms over her head.

Itachiyama was playing the first match of the day against Tsubakihara Academy. They were on the court earlier to warm-up and practice their serves before the other team came.

"Tired, (Y/N)?" Komori asked while he picked up the loose volleyballs on the ground.

"It's not even yet," she groaned out. "I didn't get much sleep last night."

Komori laughed before returning to the court.

(Y/N) heavily sighed and flopped back into her seat. She couldn't sleep all night after finding out she had fallen asleep on Sakusa's shoulder. He probably hates her now since she touched him with her germs. She hasn't talked to him all morning. Maybe he hates her-

"(Y/N)." A resonating voice rang out. She turned her head to see Sakusa trudging towards her.

(Y/N) bowed deeply. "I'm so sorry for falling asleep on you, Kiyo! I won't do it again! Please don't hate me!"

"Huh?" Sakusa tipped his head to the side. Is that why she wasn't talking to him all morning? He thought she just wasn't in the mood to chat, but it seemed like that was the actual reason why. "It's no big deal."

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought you hated me for that." She broadly smiled.

"Why would I hate you?"

"Well, I did touch you with MY germs. Aren't you wary of the germs?"

"I don't-" Sakusa was cut off once again from a shout on the other side of the court.

"Tsuba High! Fight!"

"Yeah!"

They both raised their heads to the sound of the cheer. Tsubakihara Academy had arrived on court, ready to play.

"My nerves are shaking," #1 of Tsubakihara yelled out. "Why did we have to go against Itachiyama first thing in the morning..."

"Sakusa is scary, so are his spikes."

Sakusa gave a sullen grumble. "I don't get why everyone's so scared of me..."

"Maybe because you're always frowning."

He frowned and took off his jacket before handing it over to (Y/N). He casually walked to the back where the rest of the team lined up.

The quarter-finals were just about to start, and the atmosphere was tense. Most of the members of Tsubakihara looked like they were internally panicking while the Itachiyama member's stayed calm.

"Good luck!" (Y/N) giggled and sat right back down. She was a bit worried about how everyone was holding, but it was clear that they were holding up well. This match was going to be an interesting one.

"Let's play!"

Yoneda went to the back to serve. He took a deep breath and spun the ball. "Let's do this."

He aimed the ball to the right, only to have it swerve to the left and their libero. "Damn it."

"Nice receive!" The libero easily passed it to their setter.

"Tera!" Teradomari jumped for the spike.

"So high!" (Y/N) watched as he spiked it into Matsushima's block.