33 | moon of dawn

"Don't you think this dress is too skimpy?" (Y/N) asked her mom as she walked down the stairs.

They were going to attend a wedding that (Y/N)'s mom had been invited to by one of her old high school friends, and (Y/N) was required to wear something decent. Reluctantly, she wore a dress that her mom picked out for her.

The dress covered her shoulders only barely with two spaghetti straps and flowed down into a beautiful court neckline. It's a relaxed fit, which makes the dress look comfortable, yet elegant and stylish. Her arms had been left uncovered. A choice that added to the elegance and grace of the dress.

A small, elegant belt helped accentuate her waist without being too much. Below the waist, the dress fitted snug around her ashe dress as it reached just above her knees.

"Stop complaining, or we'll be late," her mom snapped back.

Instead of a traditional Shinto-style wedding, (Y/N)'s family was invited to a more westernized one since the bride was inspired by the culture.

The room buzzed with excited chatter, and children ran between the tables in a good-natured game of tag. The banquet hall was exquisite and spacious. The walls were covered with a shimmering gold paper, and in the middle of the ceiling was an elegant chandelier.

Many round tables and chairs filled the space up with the polished silver cutlery that was heavy to the hand and shone brightly in the dazzling chandelier light. At each place stood a tall empty wine glass, and there were beautifully folded napkins to match the runner. All that was missing was the food and the guests.

"Chisato!" Someone called out from behind (Y/N)'s family. It was Sakusa's mother.

"Izanami! It's good to see you again!" (Y/N)'s mom greeted as Sakusa's mother walked up to her.

"(Y/N)-chan, that dress looks beautiful on you!" she gasped out.

"Thank you!" (Y/N) looked around the room as if she was looking for something, no, someone.

"Did Kiyo come?"

"That boy," Sakusa's mother sighed and shook her head. "He should be greeting everyone, but instead, he's sulking in the corner."

"Sounds like him. Thank you for telling me!" (Y/N) gave a slight bow before heading to the nearest corner of the massive room.

It wasn't even a short walk before she spotted Sakusa sulking in the corner, away from the crowd. His hands were gloved and clasped together while he wore his signature mask.

Sakusa was wearing a smooth shirt to support the elegant tie he was wearing. The jacket was a solid black colour instead of patterned, which gave the suit a classy and graceful look.

The jacket was the same length all around, with a vent at the back. There was a pocket on either side, and there was a breast pocket on the left, which held a handkerchief.

It gave him a completely different look from his usual tracksuit. It made him look more sophisticated and classy. Not that he wasn't sophisticated, but with his outfit, it left a stronger impression.

"Kiyo!" (Y/N) waved and picked up her pace.

"(Y/N). Hey," Sakusa muttered out as she neared him.

"You agreed to come?"

Sakusa avoided (Y/N) gaze and, instead, looked at her white flats before muttering out his answer. "They threatened to take my cleaning products if I didn't come."

"Oh. That's an interesting way to get someone to compromise."

There was a short moment of silence between the two, and Sakusa decided to say something to break the silence.