C4 | TEXT MESSAGES

•••NATHAN•••

"Hey Y/n!" I called him before he could go inside the locker room-slash-shower room.

As I get closer to where he stood I smelled something. Blood.

"Ugh you stink!" I noted.

He shrugged. "Just finished a surgery, didn't expect it to be this bloody."

"Ah, anyways I gotta favor to ask you."

He raised a brow at me.

You know what ever since we met in America I've always called him eyebrow raise king.

"Don't tell me it's about my sister again, is it?"

I shook my head. I know how to wait for her answer anyways.

"No no," I started, "I need to borrow your phone, there's this nurse that has the file for my surgery later and I left my phone at home and landlines are busy at the moment." I explained.

He hummed before taking out his phone which was shut off, it took a while to on it and a password greeted me.

"Hey Y/n what your passcode?" I shouted since he was already in the shower.

"2129!" He answered.

I typed it in and a picture of him and a girl greeted me, from the background of it, looks like it was taken in New York during winter.

•••

3 minutes later, I finished my busyness with Y/n's phone but here I am still using his phone to watch some videos online. And also cause he still hasn't gone out of the shower yet, well he really does take much time in the shower.

I was gonna turn his phone off when it buzzed.

'Hey I miss you.'

It came from a contact named Eunmi.

I didn't knew what to do when it buzzed again.

'I'm bored brother, can I go to your hospital?'

It now came from Dahyun.

Maybe Y/n would say yes?

I just shrugged and texted okay.

•••DAHYUN•••

"Dubu, are you sure it's okay for us to be here too?" Jihyo unnie asked as we stepped in the hospital wearing our disguises.

"Yup, besides maybe he'll say yes right?" I shrugged and stopped when I saw Nathan by the nurse's station writing on a paper.

"Dr. Nathan Gray?"

He looked to me, his face scrunched but he smiled later on.

"Yes? Who are you? Visiting a patient?" He asked.

Ah right he can't recognize me.

"Uhmm, I just wanted to ask where is Dr. Kim Y/n's office is?" Might as well use this so he won't know who I am and ask for that date.

"Ah, it's on the second floor, once you get off of the elevator go right and just look for his name on one of the doors." He instructed.

I said 'thank you' and guided the girls to the elevator.

"Here!" Mina unnie announced pointing at a door.

"Hmmm, hopefully he doesn't have anyone inside." I muttered and opened the door.

"Y/n oppa!" Chae suddenly said once we got in, Jihyo unnie immediately covered her mouth since Y/n was talking to a girl in a nurse's uniform.

"Sis?" I waved at him and he sighed before turning back to the nurse.

"Okay, Jangmi, you can go, just check his vitals every now and then and make sure to get his shots every 3 hours alright?" He instructed as the girl nodded and left.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"Uh, didn't I told you I'm going here?"I asked as we take our hats and masks off.

"I didn't..." then he cursed silently, "Nathan."

I inspected him, he's not wearing his doctor's coat, just a plain white buttoned shirt and pants, he seems casual.

"Going somewhere oppa?" Mina unnie asked.

"Yeah, my shift's over." He took his messenger bag and carried it with his shoulder.

"You guys ate yet?" We just shook our heads.

"Lets eat outside?" We nodded.

We wore our masks and hats again before stepping out of his office.

We're almost at the exit when...

"Y/n!"

Nathan ran to him panting a bit.

"Breathe Gray, what is it?" He asked.

Nathan stood up straight. "Doctor So just wanted to say thanks for taking his shift today, but seriously Y/n, you should take a break, you've been working since last night and w-"

"Dr. Gray, Dr. Nathan Gray, please proceed to the nurse's station."

"Uh, well got to go, here's you're phone by the way." He handed the phone back and left.

"Working since last night?" I repeated.

He just shrugged. "Doctor So's wife is in labor and he needed to be there, so I took his shifts."

"But still I thought you didn't take night shifts anymore?" I continued, noting that the word shifts is plural but said nothing about it anyways.

"I... I can't sleep much so might as well work."

I said nothing and just glared at him.

He sighed, "look don't be mad, I'll do what ever you what me to do."

I smiled instantly. "Anything?"

He nodded.

"Go on a trip with us, mom and dad said you're on a leave for a week right?"

Of course he said no, but after a lot of will power and convincing with the girls help too he finally said yes.

"Just for three days." We agreed.

•••Y/N•••

'Hey sorry, can't make it today, rain check?'

I texted.

'Sure, just miss you.'

She replied.

'I miss you too Eunmi.'