Part 7

“but sir.. ma’am said.. ” Kartik sighed deeply.

“aree forget about her.. I can deal with her, but you don’t say anything she doesn’t need to know.. this is our secret”

“but..”

“no buts.. besides I pay your wages she just signs the cheque.. so I have every right in fact more than her on how much you get paid.

understood?” he said softly with a smile, which made her just melt but, she didn’t show it, she looked down so he wouldn’t be able to read her expression..

“thanks sir..”

“oh.. again sir?..”  his laptop beeped, he turned his head he wanted her to call him by his name only but the video conference reminder distracted him.

“ok video conference time I have to go”  he let go of her.. “and I will see you on Monday, have a nice weekend” he gently patted her cheek and walked back to his desk adjusting his headset sound level.

“Monday but you will probably be at some business meeting?" and I will see you in some days? He chuckled fiddling with the button on the laptop.

“actually that was my last meeting.. next one won’t be for atleast 4 months so now I will be working from home everyday  .. so I guess I will see much more of you” he smiled and sat down putting the head phones on for the conference.

“Mr Agarwal?”.. He said speaking via his laptop to the other person on the other end of the camera.

 She put the cheque in the bag and left his office quietly she didn’t want to disturb his meeting, she slipped her shoes on and left the house.. walking towards her car.

'what is he like.. he is super sweet.. he’s going to be here everyday I don’t know whether I should be nervous about this or jump up and down in excitement, that I will see him everyday.

She smiled to herself whilst opening the car door.. What are you thinking Naira, he is married and with a kid her sane part screamed.. yah but something about him.. he feels something, he touched my cheek..

'ok stop all silly thoughts… he is married and a busy business man..  all this craziness is in my head only..she started the car up... Even when driving thoughts came to her like they are a similar ages, he didn’t have to re-write the cheque there is something there but what?

*
Naira pressed the bell, Gauri’s dad opened the door..

“Come Naira beta your just in time for dinner”  she smiled at uncle and came in.

“How was your day?” he asked.

“yeah good..” she took her shoes off

“come beta Gauri is waiting for her sister”  Naira smiled and followed him to the dining area.

“Just in time beta.. garama garam roti  is being prepared.. its good you came early.

“thanks aunty” she took a seat next to Gauri and aunty placed food on her plate.

“Hey Naira, how about tomorrow we go and see a movie. It is the weekend so it will be fun na”

“yeah that sounds great..”

Babysitting Siya was only on the week days but weekends were at her leisure which felt good. She ate dinner and made conversation with Gauri’s parents.. shortly she got changed into her night dress and went into her bed and began to read her book.. Gauri analysis her soul sister from her bed on the other side, she saw Naira with a silly grin on her face, like she was reading the book but her mind was else where..