Part 44 First date

Kartik went into his office and Naira attended to a crying Siya.

‘what does sir like and who else would know'

  Then she got an idea. “I’ll ask dadi” she said with a smile.,she settled Siya and took her with her. “Dadi are you busy?” she asked as she saw her writing something in a book. Dadi looked up from her page.

“yes beta what  can I help you with?” Naira walked over to her and sat down with Siya. Dadi looked at her waiting for her to say something.

‘you can’t just come out and ask Sir’s favourite food without dadi asking why you are asking such a question.

“Dadi what’s your favourite food?”

“Oh your thinking for Siya’s birthday about the catering.. well beta whatever you feel my personal favourite is a traditional thali, but Kittu he spent quite a bit of time in the US,so he is quite fond of western food. She listened to dadi and this was the perfect opportunity to ask, but then she had a better idea. “and what dish does he not like.. dadi laughed.

“I know he does not like rice and rajma, I don’t know why but he just doesn’t like it at all he says its too plain.

'Is that so..' she thought with a mischievous look.  

“Done, done now no more work I can enjoy the rest of my month off!” he said as he closed his office door. As soon as he left she came to his mind.

‘she must be busy with Siya’ he said looking around the empty hall. He looked at his watch ‘woah where did the time go’  it was coming to 5pm.

Naira grabbed Siya’s teddy bear, she heard steps approaching.

‘now I have to find out what sir likes’  she thought he was upstairs but she was wrong, her mind was playing tricks on her. She took to the stairs, and gave Siya the toy, she turned around she was pleased to see him approaching.

“hey what are you two up to” he said taking a seat on the couch, he saw her standing and pulled her next to him.

“I feel like I’ve hardly seen you all day” he said playing with her hand.

“hmm sir” she turned her face to his. “can I leave early today I need to go shopping for tomorrow, you know to prepare for your dinner.. you know” she said playing with his fingers..

“I would prepare well if I knew what your favourite is” she said fluttering her lashes at him. He chortled “You really want to know huh?” she nodded eagerly prepared to hear the answer.

“first give me a tight hug then I will tell you” her eyes lit up

‘that seems like an easy bargain’ she thought. “ok” she leaned closely and draped her arms around him. She smiled, he inhaled her hair and scent as she leaned on his chest.

‘this is so nice, he smells lovely, and he’s all warm and..’ she lost her thoughts and just enjoyed the hug, she could seriously fall asleep in those arms she felt such connection and warmth in them. He rubbed her upper back, resting his hands on them

‘she’s so sweet, and I just love having her in my arms’ he began to stroke her hair, and her hands mirrored his action.

‘wow I love the way her  hands play with my hair’ “Hmm” he sighed. Now he wanted to see her face, she made movement which made her look at him her hands lazily resting around his shoulders. He held her shoulders, as he leaned close and whispered something in her ear “I will eat what ever you prepare” he looked up with a cheeky smirk.