Part 30

He parked up in front of his house, "madamji still asleep". He went to the other side and opened the door.

"ok let's go" he carried her out of the car and shut the door with his foot. Sangam opened the door.

"saab, I have the guestroom all ready"  Naira stirred in his arms. "beta?" He nodded and walked into the house. He looked around "dadi?"

"she has gone to bed, she tried to stay awake but was feeling very tired how is she feeling now?"

he looked down to her form huddled to his chest.

"She is much better, yeah let dadi sleep..

"and memsaab said she will be back tomorrow evening"

'fantastic Preeti won't even have to know'

"ok thank you I will just go upstairs now goodnight" he said, carrying Naira up the stairs, and heard the door slam as Sangam left, he got to the guestroom and gently laid her down on the bed. She turned to her side holding the jacket close.

'she is asleep.. what now I mean arrey Kartik you idiot you left your cell in your jacket pocket' He looked over, she was hugging it quite closely, he couldn't go there and take it off her that would be rude. Although he does need it.

'Maybe she will wake up to get changed into her night clothes, but oh no, she doesn't have any clothes with her, and.. my jacket can't be keeping her that warm if she is shivering like that.

"kya karu... He ran his hand through his hair,

"I know I will go see what I have in my wardrobe." He went through his wardrobe, throwing clothes out, this will be too hot, it is cold but not that cold either, he threw the Harvard sweatshirt over his head,

'this will be too big for her, or maybe its fine.' He took a few clothes, he could easily give her Preeti's clothes but maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

'I think she will feel more comfortable in mine' he came into the room and placed the clothes items on the nightstand.

She was now curled into a ball on the bed clearly still cold in her salvar, his jacket was tossed to the end of the bed.

"She is shivering but i can't change her clothes or move her without frightening her. he thought "dadi is asleep.. what shall i do?" Just then Naira stirred on the bed and her eyes opened. She sat up quick, after she realised she wasn't in a familiar territory

"um.." she looked up to him. He was still in his shirt and pants.

"take something from here and wear as a night dress" before she could protest of why he bought her here she was handed a bunch of clothes.

"Sir i..

"get changed and I will get you some hot milk"

"milk?" she laughed to herself sir I'm not a little kid, I can.. she looked up and saw she was talking to herself.

'Naira today you will not win, let Kartik sir take care of you, he is just really.. great'

"Hmm let's see what do we have here" she said picking up the clothes items.

"Harvard t-shirt, this must be from his college days, this is just a shirt I can't wear just this.. hmm this one is good."

"ok this is ready.." he takes the tray up the stairs. He turns the door knob..

"No sir! He stood still, "Sorry just five more minutes" she called.

"ok" he replied. She adjusted her hair.