Chapter 14 :The Ball

Amanda's POV
(Friday 06:34 PM)

Today was the night of the Ball and surprisingly I'm excited, I've never been to a ball before. How do people dress when going to a ball? How do they act? How do they speak? Mia emailed me this morning saying that it was tradition for one person from a specific department to  open the ball , like a mini 'welcome' speech and coincidentally this year, it was the HR's department turn and she wanted me to do it. I was nervous but I was looking forward to it but I still didn't want to see any of the Reigns tonight, which is going to be impossible since it's their ball.

"What design do you want ma'am?" the nail artist  that De'arra got for me asked. I denied Mia's 'top designer' because I didn't want them spending money on me but mostly because I wanted to show off my sister-in-law's gown from one of her latest collections. De'arra managed to get me a hairstylist, makeup artist and nail artist, she was so excited! You'd swear she was the one going to this Ball. The Ball starts at 8 and I was pretty much on time.

After an hour I was done with my hair and makeup, including my nails !

"I look insane, thank you guys! I love everything" I said admiring their work on me, i just had to put my dress on.

I loved how simple but elegant the dress was, I'll definitely be turning heads tonight

I loved how simple but elegant the dress was, I'll definitely be turning heads tonight. I walked to my full size mirror and took some pictures to show D and my sister in law, with me looking like this it's definitely going to be a great night, I hope.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I got out of the car into the red carpet, I posed for a few snaps and left to go inside. The venue where the ball was held, was breathtaking. The fountains and the art on the ceiling were my favorite, so beautiful . I took a glass of champagne from one of the passing waiters and continued to explore the venue. I collided with a figure, my eyes left the ceiling and landed on... Mia !

"Amanda hey, You look beautiful, that's definitely your color" Mia said awkwardly while playing with her fingers

"Thank you, you look good too!" I said genuinely, she really looked amazing