Chapter 19 :

Amanda's POV

"Thank you guys for coming, two of you will get a call by the end of this week but thank you for your time" I said before standing up to shake their hands, today I was doing job interviews for the 'pending' Reigns Restaurant in Atlanta. With Mia still on vacation, I was facing all the work. I love what I do but it was axhausting. I gathered my things and their folders and left the boarding room after them. I walked down the passage to the reception

"Hello Mario" I said smiling while waving at one of the cleaners on our floor, Mario was a sweet 42 year old Mexican man. He literally had the biggest heart, me and him talk from time to time. He came from the city of Tijuana in Mexico, one of the places on the top of my bucket list to visit.

"Miss Amanda, good morning." he said setting the mop down and turning to look at me

"How was the visit back home? How is the family" I asked him, I met Mario's family through Skype when he asked me to lend him my iPad to contact them . He had a wife and 6 kids, 5 boys and 1 girl, that's a lot huh?!

"It was refreshing to be on familiar lands and the family is doing well. Oh ! and Pedro told me to tell you that he's much better in school now. They all sent their greetings to you " he said smiling proudly, his family was his greatest joy.

"Send them kisses for me and tell Pedro that I'm super proud of him. I'll talk to you later Mario, I have plenty of work to do." I said before hugging him goodbye

"Bye Amanda" he said when he pulled back. I gave him a squeeze on the shoulder before I continued walking down towards the reception.

"Any messages for me Paige?" I asked the receptionist when I reached the reception

"No Manda, nothing for you " she said in her British accent, I could listen to her talk every day. Her accent was beautiful

"I could never get over your accent" I said while making googly eyes at her, she chuckled

"I could say the same about your African accent"  she said with a wide grin displaying on her face. My accent was my favorite thing about myself that I loved, my dad was Xhosa but my mom was Ghanaian. When my mom and papa had me they were not married yet so I spent most of my life in Ghana, which is why I have this accent. When my mom and papa got married when I was 16,my mom, me and my brother moved to South Africa. I adupted to my father's culture easily since we always kept in contact with our father's family but my Ghanaian accent always stuck with me.

"Thank you darling" I said in 'white woman's' voice and Paige burst out laughing at my horrible attempt.

"I'm just going to leave now and please scan these and email them to Mia" I said placing the folders on the reception desk with a fake pout on my lips

"Lighten up baby, I'm just joking" she said while wiping tears on the corner of her eyes

"Deuces bitch" I said laughing chucking up my deuces as I turned to leave, I heard her laugh before I stepped on the elevator to the 5th floor . I hummed a song while waiting for the elevator ride to end. When the elevator doors opened on the financial department I stepped out and headed towards the Head Department's office,Ms Jones. I knocked and heard her say 'come in'. I entered her office and walked to her desk, her office was so spacious and beautifully decorated and the view of cabs driving up and down on the street was beautiful too.