A Raven's Promise

Overtime we stumbled upon a few rouges, here and there who decided to form a pack with us. We built few more houses, trained and hunted together. Well they did, while I played a rogue human. True to her word, Aya trained hard. She became the best fighter we had. She became fierce. She was fire. The shy, scared little girl was no more. But she could never hide from me.

For me, she will always be the sweet little girl that I used to wonder the woods with, even though she was much bigger than me now. I would always make her loosen her up as much as possible because she had built a wall so high that no one could ever dare to cross. She was as much of an Alpha now as she was before. Judging by the way she acts and commands, even more so now.

I was stronger with Agnes but not so much without. So, I trained myself so hard that I was physically undefeatable even in my human form. The day I learned to conceal, I masked my presence, my scent, my being, everything. Unlike normal werewolves, I did not ever feel a need to unleash my beast ever not even to relieve my stress. Neither my anger got the best of me nor my hatred.

It was easy for me to control the beast within and be normal. Well at least I tried to be one which I hope I succeeded. I never shifted in front of others as I was very much aware of the danger lurking in the shadows. Agnes was one of a kind and very powerful and with power came the people's hunger to attain it. And I was not ready to place any of them in danger. Certainly not Aya.

I sat on one of the branches of a tall tree, closer to the clearing of the training field as I observed Aya with six guys that she had been training. Might I add they are very good looking too and attracted to her. Aya was stunningly gorgeous with a contrasting blond shoulder length hair compared to my long raven black hair. Her skin was a beautiful pale shade and her light brown eyes, never showed any emotions. Her lean but built physique and all the curves at the right places, made her look even more desirable, at the same time untameable.

We called each other sisters but nothing about us was similar, neither our appearance nor our personality. Aya was blond, pale skin, light brown eyes that almost looks black when she was angry. She is always uptight, barely talks or smiles to others. She's tall like 5"11, I think and beyond beautiful.

I think the wolves that are here for training admire her but are too scared to admit. I mean who wouldn't be. Just look at her she's scowling most of the time, making her look as if she has something up her butt 24/7.

While me on the other hand my friend, am completely different. I talk nonstop. I don't stop like ever. It may be also because of my non-existent vocabulary when I was young. So, when it started to fill up, I trailed and tested and here I am. Unstoppable.

With my waist long wavy black hair, forest green eyes and my light but somehow golden skin, I look nothing like her. Aya's legs are long, lean and endless. While me being at 5"6, my legs look relatively shorter and slender with the curves that I always keep hidden inside my long baggy tops. I mean like there's nothing to see and show compared to Aya.

Aya always tells me that I am beautiful and all the male population in the world would agree with her. Well, we don't know about that. She always disagrees with my choices of clothing which always consists of a baggy t-shirt, a hoody or a sweatshirt and a legging or a jean. I mean I'm not picky when it comes to clothing. Right?

But Aya likes to think otherwise. She doesn't dress up like at all but unlike me she wears a size that actually fits her and hugs all the right places even if it's just a jean and a t-shirt. And when she's training, she wears her yoga pants with just a sports bra on and that my friend shows all her glory which makes every female envy her body and all the males to worship her body.

I watch closely as another victim falls under her gorgeous self. I see his eyes following her every move and for a second, he freezes which results in a punch on the right side of his face. Oh boy.

Then I see Aya approach the two man, her admirer on the ground while the other one gives a victorious grin. "What did I tell about being distracted while you are on the battlefield? If this was a real fight, you could have lost your head. I want you to focus. Do you hear me?" she shouts at the poor boy.

"Yes Aya" he shouts as he gets up ready to win the next round while Aya makes her way back to the front where she can keep an eye on everyone and shouts at them for every mistake they make. Oh boy.

It's already been over five hours and they are still going. I think Aya wants to kill them before they are any good. Does she not see that they are ready to die? Of course, she doesn't! Who am I kidding? Time to step in.

"Oh, my dear sister. Look at the time. Is it already six?" I say sarcastically as I make my way through the crowd of mans that looks about dead.

"Dismissed." As soon as the word leaves Aya's lips almost half of them collapses on the ground while the rest bend and rest their hands on their knees, supporting their body.

I really don't mean it, but a laugh escapes my mouth. Ok I might mean it. Just a little bit. They all look at me like I'm crazy but that only makes me laugh harder. "It looks as if a herd of rogues chased after you guys and you were barely able to save your sorry a-"

I stop as I feel Aya's glare on me. I seal my lips tight and give her a sweet smile. I mean come on. I was just joking. Aya never takes a joke not even from me. But that doesn't stop me from making jokes though. Well she's used to me now anyways. I think.

Slowly the guys get to their feet after they regained their energy and starts heading back. "You can go easy on them you know" I say as I look at their backs, fading into the densely covered land.

She walks up to me and watches their retreating figures, "I just want to make sure that they are ready when their time comes." I look at her face. The sun was kissing the other side of her face that was away from my prying eyes as I observed her dark side. "I want to prepare for their future be it here or somewhere else." Her voice now strong and determined. Definitely somewhere else. Her eyes were speaking for her.

Not many people stayed after we made our way into the depths of the forest. Slowly the pack members started to leave the forest in search for luxury that they once lived in. They said, I quote, 'it was waiting for us.'

The already small pack size decreased tremendously as the years passed. As some went to hunt for food and other for supplies, they saw what the outside world had to offer them once again. Over time, their need for more became a source for their greed.

The first few times Aya tried to stop them. She even fought them saying that they were not being loyal, but I persuaded her to let them go. We cannot force anyone to stay with us. The choice is theirs. Only I know how much of a danger I might pose to those that might stays. I will happily let anyone that wishes to leave to go free. Even with another of her pack almost gone, the Alpha in her endured, her power on people never disappeared. If she wanted, she could have easily compelled everyone to stay but the free spirit in me made her to believe otherwise.

Now all we have are these six men who refused to leave. So, Aya trained them to get them ready to face the world like the other members did. They will leave one day and that we know for sure.

Although they were all hesitant to leave at first, they still left. Some went in search for their mates, some for luxury, some for lust and some just wanted to leave this darkness that the woods forever provided.

Just a few more weeks I think, and these boys will be ready to leave their nest like the rest. I know this for sure because all of them are almost twenty. Their wolves know that Aya is not theirs to claim so they will eventually seek them out. Knowing me I will give them less than a month. Men!

Then Aya and me will be free to do as we please. We promised each other that no matter what, we will never leave each other's side. And this promise I intent to keep until death. This was a Raven's promise to herself.