You Lie, Raven

Here's another one. Just for you @imastupididyut Enjoy!!

The day went by fairly quick. As usual, I paid no attention to whatsoever was the professor was chanting about. At this rate, I was not going to pass any of these classes that I was taking. Not like I cared. But if Eliana still wants me to join them to campus, she might have to pull up her connection card cause we all now, it isn't working for me.

Emily was with me this morning and her non-stop blabbering didn't help me pay any attention. Not like I was dying to. But I was quite glad, she was with me. I might save some of my sanity. Or maybe not.

Oliver was waiting for me outside the class when we walked out. "Say hi to Sarah for me." Emily calls out as she walks away to her afternoon class. "Will do." Then I head to the parking lot. When we sat in the car, I remember that I still had his jacket in my backpack. "Before I forget. Here you go. Thank you for this." I hand him his denim jacket.

"No problem." He mumbles and starts the car. I swear I saw a pair of silver eyes watching us as we drive past the gate. Maybe I just imagined it. Yeah. That must be it. "How was your class?" He casually makes a conversation.

I turn his way and looked at him. "What do you think? I barely survived. You know I don't get anything. Like nothing at all." Then I sit back as I mumble. "They are going to kick me out of there very soon." He chuckles softly.

The rest of the ride was smooth. He talks about his love for surfing and how he started it when he was just twelve. From the sound of it, he pretty much loves surfing.

Now we are in the last hour before we can finally close and be done for the day. "You should come by sometime. To surfing, I mean." Yep he's still talking about it. "Hmm. Maybe one day." I mumble as I clean up the last few parts of the machine. "Cool." Then he goes back out the counter and starts sorting out the table and chairs for closing.

Finally. We are done. "Do you want me to give you a ride?" He asks as he locks the café. "That's fine. Someone's coming to pick me up. You go ahead with Sarah." They both smile at me as I wave at them.

Alone at last. But where is this Lycan? I walk to the side so I'm not standing by the door and lean on the wall as I stare at the sky which was getting darker each minute. "Well, I hope someone's coming to pick me."

A minute passes. And two. I think it's been ten minutes already. The sky is now looking pretty dark. A sad sigh escapes my lips before I bite it. "Just five more minutes." It's been more than that. But I want to believe that he hasn't forgotten about me.

The sky is completely dark now. There's not a single soul in the streets. The lamp post in front of me lights above my head. It is the only thing that's keeping the street from being pitch black dark. I guess, another day I'm going to have to walk home then. But I make no move to do so.

A lone tear rolls out of my eye. Why am I feeling sad?

It's not like he means something to me. He must be joking when he said he'll come. Or he must be busy with stuff so he cannot come by. Yeah that must be it.

But I cannot help as more tears fall down my eyes. My heart aches. Why? What is this thing I'm feeling right now?

Sadness. Pain. Betrayal. Heartache. All these emotions are pouring out of me. I'm clutching my heart. It hurts.

A huge body engulfs me, and I feel like I have submerged into the ocean. The hand that's not holding my heart comes up and holds the t-shirt on his back. Tightly. His hold tightens on me. But I don't feel suffocation. I feel the sparks surround my body. It calms my aching heart, but the tears keep flowing. Small sobs break through me.

One of his arms is around my shoulder while the other is wrapped around my head. His hand lightly strokes my head while his other rubs my arm softly. Like I'm the most fragile piece of glass that will break with his touch.

"You didn't come." I sob louder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." His soft voice that I have never heard before keeps on repeating itself as he sways our body from side to side in order to calm me.

"I thought you weren't coming. I was about to walk home." I speak through my sobs. I must look really ugly now. So, I put my head deeper in his chest to hide my face as my hand that was holding my heart is now grabbing the t-shirt by his chest.

He slowly releases his hold around me, but I don't. He puts his hands on my shoulder and gently pulls me away from him. His head bends down to my face, but I refuse to look his way. His hands now cup my face. He pulls my head up gently and my eyes look straight into his silver orbs.

"Look I'm sorry. I just found out about what happened to Tessa when we weren't around." He pauses. "I know I'm just making up excuses. But I was so mad that I lost control over my Lycan and went on a run. When-" he sighs. "When I finally came about, it was late. I'm so sorry, Koraki*. I am so sorry." he puts his forehead against mine.

"Thank you so much for getting my sister out of there. Tessa told me how she met you and Aya." He smiles and I copy his smile. It's contagious. He lifts his head up and wipes my tears with his thumb. His hands cover almost my whole head, but I don't mind, it provides a sense of security. I love all these tingles that I am feeling just from the touch of his hand. What is happening to me?

"Don't cry now." He puts one hand on my shoulder and one over, holding me sideways as he leads me to the car parked a few feet away. "Let's get you home." I must be feeling really out that I didn't even hear his car. He opens the front door of the passenger side and helps me in. Then he jogs to the driver's side.

"I didn't know you would wait this long for me." He jokes while I glare at him. He chuckles. "I was about to leave." I defend myself. I hate the sound of my voice now. I don't want to speak.

"Why were you crying then?" His tone is more serious now.

Because of you. Because you didn't come. Because I thought you forgot about me. Because my heart hurt. All because of you.

"I was tired, and I wasn't happy that I had to walk home." I whispered instead. What a liar Raven. You lie.

*koraki - Raven