Raven: A Ball Of Fire? Or Earth?

I discovered that I could control the nature as we struggled to build a house back then. Frustrated that even with all these powers, I could not do anything to help us, I left to relieve some tension. And Aya being Aya followed me around.

Due to the limited words in my vocabulary, I don't know why but I felt very much tempted to release it on those poor trees. Whatever wrong they had done to me. I screamed loudly and ran to punch the bark of one of the trees. I watched as a piece of it flung over and landed on the ground beside Aya who was standing with her mouth gaping wide open that even a raven could fly in. Her brown eyes became even lighter as she witnessed what unfolded in front of her eyes.

As I turned back to look, a gasp escaped my mouth and I stumbled a few steps back. There, where I landed the punch on the tree, grew a lot more branches with green leaves to replace its loss. When the initial shock left me, I slowly took the few steps back and extended my hands to feel it. But as soon as I reached my hand, the branches extended higher and grew more leave around it.

Shock was an understatement to what I was feeling right now. We both stood frozen with our eyes and mouth wide. The day I learned that I could do way more than turn into a beast. I could control the nature, manipulate the very earth that I stand in. I practised and practised and finally used my knowledge to build ourselves our home.

Of course, nobody knew about what I could do. Heck, rouge wolves that joined us, thought I was a human amongst the herd of wolves. I exactly did not portray the character of being one of them neither did I personify the aura of one. They always believe Aya to lead them all. Maybe it's the Alpha blood in her but we never said anything as we wanted to keep myself hidden, even more so, after we learned what I could do even more than just being a killer maniac beast.

Initially, I thought that I was just weird but nope. Oh, how wrong I was! I was a massive ball of weirdness that came with a package. Unforeseeable and totally unbelievable. Who knew that this little girl could be a ball of fire? Or earth in my case?

We kept walking through the darkness followed by the white space of mist, but we knew where we are heading believe it or not. We have walked these woods our whole life. So, we do. We have not exactly decided where we shall be going but for now, we want to be as close to the nature as we can. Or as I can. I don't think I'm ready to leave the nature yet.

"This is so cool. We are leaving the woods. When was the last time we left? I am so excited." I start blabbering as Aya continues to just listen. "Do you think we can get a job easily? Or do we just need to come back to the woods to hunt for food? Oh, don't answer. Although I would prefer trying out their foods for once. Do you think we can afford to?"

I know Aya is smiling like she always does when I'm just chattering nonstop. As we make our way through the deepest part of the woods, sunlight that manages to peer through the darkness and lights up our path a little. We know that we have walked more than half the day already. We want to reach the outskirts of this woods by sunset where we can just settle for the night so we can continue the rest of our journey early next morning again.

As the days starts to go by, we see our hope ahead of us in the form of light. We see it, the clearing that is very much visible from within this dark forsaken wood. "Aya, do you see that? Sister we finally made it." I whisper my excitement as I tug Aya's hand and take a run for the clearing.

Aya laughs along with me as she runs behind me, letting me pull her along. Even though the sun is almost setting, the light blinds us for a second. Then comes the mesmerising view in front of us. There's a damp of water forming a lake but also a bed of blue river that flows along the valley in-between the hills and flows endlessly. Freely. The sun's rays making water glow reddish orange mapping the sky above.

The greenery that surrounds the lake almost protecting and projecting its beauty had turned a darker shade of green due to the night taking upon it. Nevertheless, the view was breath-taking. I close my eyes and inhale a deep lungful of breaths and exhale it as I open my eyes back. I know I'm smiling as I turn to look at equally mesmerised Aya.

Her mouth slightly open as a smile forms at the corner of her lips. We had never travelled to this part of the woods. Yes, we knew it existed due to maps that was self-drawn with the help of the former pack that went exploring and hunting. But we never thought it would be this beautiful. I regret not coming here before. It could have been my favourite place to indulge myself in, apart from the tall beautiful waterfall in the woods that I discovered years ago.

We both stand there equally stunned and excited for what the world beyond this has to offer us. Oh, I was so ready now. I think. Oh boy. Can this girl get any more complicated?

We still stand there as the sun goes beyond the horizon. The once bronze sky now completely dark not even a moonlight to shine upon the water below. Its beauty once again completely unknown to us as the darkness came to conceal it. As Aya turned to say something, I smelled them and quickly clamped my palm on Aya's mouth. Before she could protest, she was silenced by the growls and snarls coming from below.

We stopped our breathing and laid low on the ground, now very much alert. We stretched our head slowly to the edge of the small cliff like land that was barely above the ground beneath where they stood. Then I saw them. There were four bulky guys and someone else. The two figures were hiding whoever they hold prisoner as it seems.

"This stupid bitch. Let's just finish her off now." Snarls one the guy with its red eyes burning with fury. And it seemed like it was no ordinary guy. I could smell them. They were all werewolves. And with all the snarling and growling, one wouldn't have to take a sniff to guess. Oh, where have we gotten ourselves into now, that too as soon as we leave the comfort of the woods.

"You know we cannot do that." Growls the other guy, his light blue eyes piercing through the darkness, as his voice was laced with equal amount of anger. But I had no clue who it was directed towards.

The figure in the middle moves so quickly that one of the men whose back was facing towards us is sent flying to the ground a few feet away but closer to our hiding spot. The three man now backs off a little. "What the f*** man?" This bi*** is really trying us now." Growls the man with the red eyes.

"I cannot take it anymore. Let's finish her now." Agrees the man as we hear some shuffling, must be him getting off his a**. "Even with all those drugs we injected in her, bi*** is really hard to control." He adds further, clearly mad at being the one that she punched or kicked. Not like I was paying any attention to that as we forced our faces flat on the ground, the moment he came flying towards us. These bunch of werewolves must be really mad at that person to even notice our presence here.

I think Aya took that as a chance to mask her scent now. I looked at Aya before I shifted my gaze back on them. Oh boy, I smell trouble. I know that look on her. I guess we are getting involved. Time to get ready.

Then I see the figure that somehow still was in a sitting position. With the drugs they have given her as they said they had; she should be lying unconscious right. But nope not this one. She sat there, on her knees, her body barely supporting her weight. But she emitted confidence. And a strong presence. Her long golden blond hair unlike Aya's light blond still shined although it was messy which showed signs of her resistance. Her beautiful pale face had bruises over her high cheekbone and a black circle covered her left eye. Her eyes. They were a unique shade of blue, like the morning sky when the sun first hits its light, it shines brightly. Yeah it was like that. She was stunningly beautiful.

Blood was oozing out of her left arm that seemed to have covered her entire hand. Her blue eyes struggling to keep it open, her face hard and stoic, void of any pain she might be suffering. She was strong that's for sure.

But what put me off was her smell. She smelled off. There was something in the way she smelled. She smelled as if she had a fire in her. A blazing fire. Yeah, that's what she smelled like. My eyes kept searching her for more answers. Then I felt it. It's presence in her. Her scent, her aura was different to that of a wolf's.

What was she?