Raven A Beast

The word still means nothing to me while Aya lets out a gasp. She's clearly shocked. She looks down at me with my lips still clamped shut.

I know that look. That look doesn't mean anything good. Oh boy.

"I'm taking it as you know about Lycans then." She continues as I turn to look back at her. "Well I should be embarrassed that a werewolf" then she looks at me as I arch one brow higher, "and of course a human saved my life."

"But I'm thankful to you, for saving me ladies. I guess, I'm indebted to you now." She chuckles softly.

"At least tell us why those werewolves were after you?" Aya insists. The girl looks at the wooden roof as she replies, "Cause of who I am."

"Who are you?" My big mouth decides to open up. She looks at me but doesn't reply to my question, "By the way, how did you come across this cottage? It doesn't look old. In fact, it looks fresh, I can even smell how fresh it is. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you guys just made it. But it's not possible. Or is it?"

"Of course not." I reply quickly then shut my mouth once again. Aya lets out a sigh and shakes her head. "Why is it that you keep changing the topic? Why does it concern you how we came across this place? Why don't you go ahead and tell us the danger that you keep talking about?" Aya gives her a look that dares her to change the topic one more time.

She lets out another chuckle. "I like you too. You, my love, are very straight forward. You don't seem to play around with your words. I like that." Then she looks serious. "But ladies, I barely know you. For all I know, you could be with those wolves and trying to get information off me." She's right in my face even before she finishes her sentence.

But I don't miss her steps as she comes my way. My eyes follow her every movement as she comes towards me without batting my eye. I stare into her eyes as she stands bending, hovering in my face. Her eyes trying to read my face. But I know she can't get past the wall that I have built. No one can. Not unless I want to.

Not even a second later, Aya is behind her, holding both her arms back. Although it doesn't seem to be affecting her much by the smirk on her face. She swiftly unlocks herself from Aya's hold and stands a few feet away from us. Aya stands in-between us, ready to attack while shielding me.

"Interesting" she says, her eyes never leaving mine. "For a human, you are very fearless." She says. "I would have said you are very strong too but judging by how she's standing between us, I guess not. She must be very precious to you." She shifts her gaze to Aya now who lets out a warning growl.

She puts both her hand in the air. "I don't mean no harm ladies. I was just joking." A slow grin forms on her face. Her blue eyes become darker and her iris seems to take up more of the whites in her eyes. Black, blue veins start popping out on her pale face, branching across her temples to the hairline. Her lips stretched wider and her canines longer. Golden fur spurts out from her arms that was not covered by her short-sleeved top and the rest of the parts that was not covered. She literally grew a almost a foot taller.

It reminded me of my own reflection that I witnessed by the waterfall. My own reflection terrified me but unexpectedly not hers. She looks beastly but beautiful. I bet this is would what a goddess of beasts might have looked like if there was such a thing. I felt a pull, like she was calling me.

If Aya was not in my line of vision, I might have been tempted to reach out. But I promised Aya. I would never expose myself, definitely not under this circumstance. So, I stayed put and looked at her blazing dark eyes and silently felt her call.

Aya took this as a threat and she shifted into her werewolf, her clothes ripped in process. Xena now stood in front of me, snarling and baring her canines at the beast that threatened her at the same time shielded me.

I still don't know if I should be scared of this beautiful monster. When I look at her, I know she means no harm. But I don't understand why she chose to transform into whatever she is. Lycan. The words plays around in my head.

My face doesn't give away anything. The internal terminal feelings boiling inside me, I kept it hidden. I blankly stared at her as if I saw nothing. As if I felt nothing. As if I didn't hear her calls. I too stood tall on my feet and held her gaze. Moments pass by when she finally starts to shift back into herself. The human self.

When I knew she was not going to try anymore of her tricks. I took the few steps to reach Xena who still stood, baring her fangs at the threat. "Sister, look at me." I slowly put my hands on her front leg as I start rubbing it. When Xena finally looks down at me, I hold her gaze. "She means no harm. There's no threat here, sister. Please change back."

I know it was working and she was slowly starting to shift. I don't know how but I have this calming effect on people, especially Aya. Maybe because we are very close. But it works every time.

I quickly grab the bag and pull out one of my baggy t-shirt and hand it over to Aya who stood naked now. Then I turned my attention back to her as she watched us in silence. I took a step-in front of Aya, this time shielding her. She didn't bother hiding the confusion and the curiosity that showed clearly on her face. Her eyes already asking me too many questions.

"At first, it seems as if, you are the one keeping the human safe." She says looking behind me at Aya. Then she shifts her attention back at me. "When its actually you who's keeping the beast at bay. It seems as if you are the one who needs protection but it's actually you whose been protecting. Correct me if I am wrong but you are not really human, are you?"

A smile pulls on my lips. "Of course not. I am a beast too."