Who Makes Amara A Raven

As I predicted, four of them decided to leave a week after and the two of them stayed for a further week before they finally thought to let us know that they too, will leave the very next day.

Now all that's left was Aya and me and the forever dark, green and cold woods. We decided that tomorrow at dawn we too will leave. Although I am very fond of these woods, I know that I cannot be selfish and keep Aya here just because I felt safe here. Someone out there was waiting for Aya and this sister of mine refuses to leave my side so for her sake, I will go out there.

Aya will be eighteen in a few weeks. Cause I don't know anything about my birth, judging by my looks and my childish behaviour, Aya decided that I was a year or so younger than her. Oh, the irony.

She says there is someone that's made for me out there too. She says that the moon goddess did not forget about me. But I know that there is no such thing as a mate or the one for me anywhere. Although I love Agnes, I know what a scary beast she can be when she's furious. But she knows I love her, so she just lets me be. And I doubt anyone could accept us let alone love. The moon goddess would not be so cruel to pair another soul with my tainted one.

The dawn hits the beginning of next morning as I open my eyes to the darkness that it holds. Aya stirs next to me. "Good morning, my dear sister" my voice sounds coarse as I just woke up. "Morning" Aya mumbles curtly.

"I know it's too early but we gotta move sis if we want to be out of the woods before the sunset." I stand up and start to get ready for our departure while Aya fumbles around the darkness.

I never had any issues with the darkness. I could see clearly through its black cloak, whatever it was trying to hide. It never bothered me. Must be because I was born of the woods and of course Agnes and whatever power that she owns which now I own.

After a while as her eyes gets used to the darkness once again, Aya too starts getting ready. I know her sight is as good as mine due to living in constant darkness for years. For normal people, it becomes unbearable, but we are not normal. Me definitely not. As for Aya, she's a stubborn kind of normal so her eyesight evolved in time, to adjust better in the darkness, I guess.

When I am back in my black legging and big black hoodie and I have a pair of black trainers on, I'm ready. Aya too has a black legging and a black hoodie but hers sit on her body while mine floats about. We each grab our bags packed with a few changes of clothes, the little to none food we had left and a few cash we managed to get our hands on.

"Ready?" I ask somehow feeling nervous as I held out my hand for her. She walks to me and holds my hand in hers. "Ready." She says. Then we both let out a deep breath and walk out of the small cottage that we called home for years.

We both turn around and stare at our home for a last time. Then I look at Aya as she turns to look at me. She nods her head, telling me it's okay to let go. We can always rebuild a house. A home is where family is, and my family is right here, by my side. Aya gives me a small smile and tightens her hold on my hand. Reassuring me that it's okay to let go.

I smile back at her and turn to look at our home. I raised my hand up, the one that was not holding Aya's and willed it all to go back to its normal shape. Slowly, our home remoulded itself back to what it once used to be. A bunch of trees. We both stood there as we watched our home turned into nothing. The memories of the years we spent, flashed past my eyes.

The few other belongings that was left we burned it yesterday and buried it deep within the soil. Now there was nothing left to call a home. No one left to call a pack. As the trees now took over what once used to be our home and all the other belongings that we had rested ten feet deep in the ground, the Raven's nest was gone. We truly were free once again. To do what our heart desired.

We were back to the beginning. Once again there's just the two of us alone in these woods. Like always, we always have each other. I lightly squeeze her hand as I look at what used to be our home then back at Aya who still stared at the land now filled with trees. A small smile tugs her lips probably due to the memories that was playing in her head too, of the time we used to be happy. Here.

Now I was the only Raven in the wood here with my sister who now was my home. Wherever she goes, I go. Wherever she runs, I follow. For home is where Aya is. For Aya is who makes Amara a Raven. Now all that's left is a werewolf and a human?