Raven's Coming

"I have lived my whole life in these woods. I have hunted and I have also been the one who was hunted on many occasions. Several times in fact. I am always around those beasts that I have become one of them now." I reply coolly for the first time today. "I wouldn't want fool to you by saying I am weak. No, I'm not. You should not look down at me. If I were you, I would be careful of me too." I warn her but my face has a glint of sass to it.

She smiles once again and holds her hand up. "Of course, you are. You are a cheeky little beast. I knew I would like you." Now it's her time to ramble on. "Let me introduce myself, I'm Eliana Tessa Castellanos."

Aya gives her a calculating look, then her eyes open wide in shock. "You are one of them." She whispers again. Okay I'm truly and completely lost here. Again. "A true Lycan." Yep definitely lost.

"What's a true Lycan mean anyways? Isn't it all the same?" I ask looking back at Aya who still looks utterly shocked. "It means she was born a Lycan. She did not get turned into one."

"A true Lycan mostly includes higher ups or royalties" Aya adds.

"Yes, ladies. I fall somewhere among that category. Hence, the werewolves that was after me." Eliana, we finally have a name to go with the face now. "So, ladies, if you wouldn't mind telling me your names as well then." Aya and I look at each other before she turns back and says "I'm Aya."

"Oh, me. I'm a Raven. I mean I'm called Amara Raven." I quickly interrupt her introduction, reaching out my hands for her. She chuckles lightly before she comes to me and takes my extended hand, shaking it. Then she puts her other hand on my head and says, "Wow, you are short."

I huff and pull my hands off hers and walk to the side of the room as I sit on my bottom as I mumble, "Giants". Now they both start laughing.

We got used to Eliana as we got to know her more. We munched on the leftovers that we had in our backpacks and decided to stay the night. Eliana shared her story of her travels. How she had been almost everywhere, and she had lived for almost two centuries now.

"The heck!" I shirked. Here I was implying her to be a girl barely the same age as Aya. "Us Lycans are immortal that's why our population is small compared to werewolves. Even though they tend to live for a few centuries though."

"Oh, my sweet, sweet sister, why did you not remember to share this piece of information with me sooner?" I ask accusingly but she just rolls her eyes. "Ouch I'm hurt." I put both my hand on my heart, pretending to be hurt.

"You are an overdramatic, little girl." Aya says as she shakes her head with a smile on her face. Then Eliana's laughter fills the room. "I swear to god, if one of says little or short or anything like that I'm not going to talk-" I stop myself as Aya joins the laughter and Eliana's grows louder. Then I realised what I had just said.

"I meant not let you talk. Yeah, I'm not going to let you two talk." I rectify myself and try to regain my lost honour back. But I know I failed as their laughter continues. Then I somehow manage to join them. Oh boy.

After we had sobered up from laughing so hard, Eliana asks us why I keep calling Aya, my sister. I know we look nothing alike. A smile takes place on our faces, as memories of how we met floods through. "I don't know how old Raven was when I met her, but she was bigger than me at that time. I met her in the woods when I lost my way. Since then we have always been together." She says missing out some details.

"Later we formed a pack of rogues, but it didn't work out, so we are moving on to start a new journey, I guess." I nod in agreement while Aya continues. "I still don't know how old she is, but she acts like a five-year-old sometimes." This makes me glare at her while they burst into laughter.

"How come you don't know your age?" Eliana asks once she's done laughing. "I was left in the woods. Aya was the one who taught me everything I know. She gave me my name too." I smile brightly as I look at Aya who now has a soft smile on her face. "Aya is my sister. My family. My everything." Eliana nods in understanding, a warm smile plastered on her face.

The day passed as Eliana shared more of her stories on travel, basically her life on the outside world. For once, I just sit there, purely mesmerised by what she had to say and, commenting or questioning here and there. She made me forget about my fears of leaving the woods. For once, I truly wanted to go past the land that was only surrounded with trees. I want to know if it will welcome me too.

We then planned what we were going to do next. Because Eliana was so fond of us, she did not want to let us go and as we didn't have a plan laid out after we leave the forest, we decided to go with her for now. She said she left her car somewhere in Wyoming before she was drugged by those werewolves. She assessed our hand drawn map and concluded that the landmarks look similar to that of Montana. So, she laid out a starting route for us to take, early tomorrow morning.

And if all goes well then, we will be heading towards California where she stays and figure out the what next. Just wait world, Raven's coming.