The Raven Flees

I need to leave. The voice plays on my head over and over as I make my way towards the apartment. I fumble through the lock. I close the door shut as soon as I open it. The girls seem to have left for their night shift at the restaurant as I walked into the vacant room. I hurried past the door to the side of my bed.

I take out all the money that I have somehow managed to save and put it together in an envelope. I take out a pen from the table that was by the door and quickly scribble, Aya, on it.

Then I walked over to her empty bed and sat on it. I put my hand that held the envelop on the bed. I looked at it once again before I titled back and laid on the bed. I held the envelope high as I observed it. Did I do enough for her? Is anything I do ever going to be enough for her? I question myself so lost in thought that I didn't notice her walk in me like that.

She walks to me and grabs the envelope that I'm holding. She sees her name on it, so she opens it. Her mouth opens in shock as she sees the content.

"I swear, I didn't kill anyone. The customers at the café is very generous. They tip you quiet heavily might I add." I say staring at the ceiling with a small smile on my face. Now that it had come to this, I did not want to see her. Or face her. I know how mad she's going to be once the realisation hits her that I was about to leave her. Break our promise.

"Were you really going to do what I think you were about to?" I can feel Aya's eyes burning holes on my face.

I know the two Lycan siblings were in the living room, the door to our room wide open, an invitation for them to further eavesdrop. I know I had to be careful what I say. "Aya"

"No, you answer me first Amara. Were you really going to leave me?" she asks again.

I look for an easier way to answer her, but I find none. "Yes." I whisper loud enough.

"Why Amara? Have you forgotten our promises? Why do you want to leave me? Do you not like this place, is that why? Don't worry. I'll talk to Elias. We can all go live somewhere else. I'll-"

"Stop. Stop Aya." I shut her ranting as I get up but still sit on the bed. "Look at me Aya." I don't mean it literally as she's clearly looking at me. Feeling betrayed might I add. "Aya, we both know the answers to all your questions. Stop." I stopped her before she interrupts me again. "I need to go. I have to." I look deep into her eyes that are now flowing with tears.

"But what about me then, Amara?" she starts sobbing. I don't think Elias can bear to have her mate crying as he comes to Aya's side and wraps his arms around her from the side, pulling her to him. Eliana follows soon after and stands beside Aya. "The picture looks so beautiful from here." A lone tear flows like a river as it continues down my face and hits the floor.

"You belong right there, Aya. You have found your home. Right there." I smile at them.

"But you-" I don't let her finish.

"You know it's only so long before I break down. I can't be here. This-" I look around at nothing in particular "kills me." I quickly wipe my tears. My voice sounds stern as I wanted them to be. "I've told you this before and I'll tell you this again, Aya. I was born to the forest and one day I'll become one with it. I need to return. My home awaits me, Aya. So, does yours."

"I'll always be there for you. Whenever you need me just whisper to the trees and I'll hear you. I love you Aya. My sister. I'll never forget you." I turn towards Elias now. "Take good care of my sister please. Although I don't have to ask you to. I know you will. Please always keep her happy. Be patient with her. She can be a bit hard sometimes, but she'll eventually melt. She always does no matter how much she tries to put up a front."

His face gives nothing away, but he nods his head regardless. I bend down to grab my bag. "I guess it's time to say goodbye then." Aya cries uncontrollably, making Elias emotions out. Anger. "Can't you just stay?" he grits out each word.

I shake my head which makes him turn back to face his mate and land a soft kiss on her head. I smile at this bittersweet parting. Aya is barely facing me. Her face almost lost deep within his wide chest. I gulp my sobs down that threatened to escape my trembling lips.

I sling the bag over my shoulder as I make my way towards the door. The lonely Raven amongst the world. Against the world. The Raven flees back to the woods again.