Raven - Waking Up

I can smell the ocean. I'm surrounded by it. It feels as if I had submerged into it. It can't be right. I open my eyes to the extremely bright room. I blink a couple times to adjust my eyes. I see the white ceiling above me. I slowly tilt my head side to side; glass windows surround the room like a wall. Where am I? How did I get here?

I tried to lift my hands up, but something heavy lays on it. It's very warm against my cold hand. I completely turn my body to the side. My breath gets stuck on my mouth.

What in the Raven's name is going on here? Why is he here? No forget it. Why am I here?

He's sleeping beside me curled up like a big baby. His hand on top of mine as if he wanted to hold me but at the same time, he was afraid to. Wait what? You are losing your mind, Raven. Get out of here before he wakes up and sees you here. You don't want him to get angry again.

Right. Okay.

I slowly pull my hand free and push the cover off me, without waking him up. Success. I then roll to my side of the huge bed. I put my feet on the ground and look around for the exit. There. I see the stairs just couple of steps away from where I stand.

I lightly jog my way down as I prayed. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up. My feet hit the final steps and I was on the room below. Wow.

This was a huge living space by the looks of it. Half the room was surrounded by glass wall while the other half was white wall. Apart from the glossy wooden wall with a huge screen attached to it. Large white sofa, similar to the living room downstairs, filled the centre in front of the TV.

I didn't have time to take in everything as I looked for my escape. There. The huge wooden wall like door. Found you. I placed my hand on the curve, caved on the door and slowly pulled it towards me. When it opened enough for me, I slipped through and closed the door gently behind me.

It seemed like I was on the top floor. So, I quickly ran down the stairs and into my room. I shut the door very quietly and released the breath I was holding as I leaned my back against the door. Oh boy. That was close. What was I doing in his room anyways? Why do I smell like him? Hold on.

What? I grabbed my t-shirt and sniffed. Wait. I looked down at what I was wearing. This is so not mine. Even though I might wear something like this. This is not mine. It smells so much like him. Why am I wearing his t-shirt?

Ugh. My brain hurts. Too much thinking. Then I quickly head into the bathroom and lock the door. I walk to the mirror and watch my reflection on the mirror. Someone else is looking back at me. She looks so much like me. At the same time, she looks so different to me.

I placed my hand on my cheek and take my hair behind my ear. I lean forward and look closely at myself. My already full lips, looks more plum and pinkish than before. My green eyes are so dark, but it shines. It doesn't make sense. Those huge eyes are looking back at me with dark thick lashes longer than before, curled up almost touching the brow bone.

Who is she that looks back at me? Is she me? Maybe I just didn't look at the mirror properly before. That must be it.

I sigh and walked into the shower glass before taking my top off. His top. Looks like I wasn't wearing anything inside. Mother of Ravens, please kill me. What have I been doing? I seem to have lost my memory.

Cold shower hits my skin and soon my body and my brain are numb to any feelings. I just stay there for some time before I quickly clean myself off and come off the shower. I grab the towel and walk towards the mirror wiping my body in the process.

Then I see my mark. Did it change too? Why does it look darker than before? The line-

Bang.

Mother of Raven. My heart jumps out of my chest. What was that?

Bang. Bang. What is going on here? Who is trying to break my door? I quickly wrap the towel around me and head to the bathroom door to see who's the face behind all this noise. But just as I'm about to unlock my bathroom door, I hear a loud bang of my door opening. Or breaking.

I retreat my hand from the door and hold the towel tight on my chest. Silence. I don't move an inch. I think I stop breathing as well. Then I hear a loud tap on the door. I bring my other hand and clamp my mouth shut. Just what is going on outside. Who is it?

"Koraki" Bang. bang. "Open the door. I know you are in there." Why's he here? I just got away from him. No. I'm not going to open. I cannot face him after yesterday.

Yesterday? What happened yesterday? Think Raven. Think. Okay I promised to stay away from him. Then I went to a park. Then. Brad. Lycans. Everything came flooding in. A loud gasp escapes my lips.

"What happened? Are you hurt? Are you okay? Open up, Raven." The bagging on the door gets louder. His voice is full of concern, worry and distress.

What do I do? Do I reply? What do I say to him now? Hey, by the way I happen to be one you too. Ha-ha. Nope.

"Damn it, Raven. Open up, before I break this door too." He kind of sounds mad now. Now what?

"No." I shout out. Oops. I seal my lips with my hands again. But the banging stops for a second. "Please open up, Raven." His voice sounds desperate. Why? It's making my own heart clench tightly against my chest. I take my hand off my mouth and grab the towel just where my heart rest.

"That's it Raven. On the count of three, if you still don't open this door, I will. One." He starts the countdown.

"Wait. No. You can't do that." I shout and run to the door and place my back against it with a loud thud, trying to hold it close. "I'm losing my patience here, Koraki." He whispers very close behind the door as if he was whispering the words right next to my ears. My breath got hitch on my throat. Why does he always have this effect on me?

"I- I'm naked!" I yell.

Oh, Raven's what have you done? You and your mouth. Let's just dig a hole and disappear twenty feet underneath the earth. Raven oh Raven.