Killing Raven

It all happened in a blur. I felt one of the Lycans movement behind me. In a blink of an eye, I was on his back now, like a monkey hanging on its mothers back. My legs wrapped around him, with his arms trapped inside and both my hands tightly wrapped around his neck. "Let's test your theory and see what happens if I detach his head from the rest of his body." I snarled as I opened my mouth wide. My teeth canines elongated, and I bit him hard.

I feel all the liquid pouring into and out of my mouth as I tasted his blood. I took a huge piece of his neck as my hands held him by the jaw and twisted and pulled his head off the body. I jumped off him with his head still on my hand and tossed it in front of Brad's legs. "Let's see if he wakes up."

"Bravo, my little princess, I expected nothing less from you." He holds his head back and laughs out like a maniac as if one of his man's head did not lie in front of his feet. He is one sick bas****. I snarled at him.

Another one did a mistake of holding my arm from the right. I grabbed his hand with my own nails now elongating against his skin and pierced right through his arms. He let out a snarl but didn't let go. I leaned my head back and slammed hard against his own. Loosening his hold on me. I took that as a chance to twirl around his body. His one hand still on my hold, twisted back along with me. With my other hand, I pushed his head away, exposing this throat to me as I once again clamped my mouth on him and dug his flesh off while pushing his head hard, once again detaching it off his body.

While I was distracted with this one, I felt a burn on my back. I let go of his arm and his head as it fell both with a thud, separate, lifeless. The two on my side took this as a chance to hold my both my arms. I felt hot liquid pouring out of my body on my back. I was really mad now.

So, I let go. To Agnes who was raging inside as she clawed out of me now. I felt myself shifting. I felt myself getting taller and taller and bigger. The bones in my body cracked and popped as it enlarged, taking in its true form. I felt furs rising on my bare arms and my lips pulled to either side as my sharp canines escaped through. The Lycans that I thought were predators before, now looked like meals for the predator itself. A rather hungry predator. Hungry for their blood.

I truly let go. Of everything I used to hide. That I used to be scared of. Agnes. And myself too. I unmasked my presence, my strength, myself. I was wide open to the world now. Because I knew what I was. I was a beast. A Lycan monster myself. Power radiated off me. The energy around me was heavy. The Lycans that surrounded me felt it too as they struggled to stand straight. The presence of my Lycan was compelling them down. To back off.

I guess someone didn't get the memo as I felt something hard hit the back of my head and felt blood rushing down my neck. I snarled and turned back as I grabbed his face, squeezing hard. I looked down at his dark eyes that reflected the blazing green of my own. I saw fear on them before I put my arm on his shoulder and twisted his head around and ripped it off. I let his head and his body hit the ground.

Soon something covers my mouth. I was being forced to inhale. A strong scent of herb escaped into my nostrils as I struggled against the Lycan's hold on me. I had already inhaled the toxic scent which now made my head dizzy. I bit his hand hard until his blood oozed into my mouth and I tasted the metallic liquid once more. I pulled hard and heard him snarl in pain as he claws my face with his free hand. My vision becomes partially blinded by my own blood dripping from my brow bone and down.

I bite his hand off and spit it to the other side. He staggers a few feet away from me, growling in pain, holding his limbless arm with the one that was still attached. Then I went ahead and bit whoever's throat was to my reach. Once I bite, I don't let go unless I detached it from the rest of the body so, they can't rise anymore.

I'm feeling Agnes becoming weak now. The toxin I inhaled was making her lose control over my body. And the blood that I was losing was not making this any better. My first few wounds had already closed up, but the new ones were raw and was still bleeding. What did they make me inhale?

"What did you make me inhale?" My voice now very different. It was rough almost a growling noise than human words. There was only two of them left. Brad and the Lycan besides him.

"Little princess, I know that I cannot win against you without some tricks up my sleeves. So, I gave you a dose of the ancient herb that makes a true Lycan like yourself lose the connection to your Lycan self. Normally it would last for a few seconds to a few minutes, just enough time to make our escape. But you are so special, little princess, so I gave you every bit of the precious herb that I had in my possession."

He laughs. My legs go weak and I fall on my knees. My body, barely able to hold its weight, I start to sway and my hand falls on the ground to support my body. My vision becomes cloudy, the blood still spilling down. I lose Agnes as I shift back into my human body. So small and so useless to me right now. "Don't worry princess, I'll give you a quick and painless death for staying in the woods for this long?"

Woods...

Woods. Trees. Nature. Earth.

I am surrounded by it. I hold the very earth in my hand.

I have always been able to feel the nature even without Agnes' presence. Like right now. I can feel it. It's awaiting my call. The earth is waiting for me to command.

I hear his laughter getting closer to me then I see his feet from my blurry vision. I feel him swing his arm in the air, most likely to give me a death sentence. That's when I let go and whisper.

"Help me..."

I feel myself falling but something holds me. Plants starts growing. Vines spirals around me. It branches off and sprouts millions of leaves, as it surrounds me. It covers me from everything. It protects me from them. Just before it covers my entire vision, I see his face.

Terror. It paints his face. I see both of them, their bodies held in place as the earth underneath them sinks then hardens around their ankles, trapping them within. The vines filled with its thrones wraps around their legs and curls up towards the rest of the body. Poking, piercing their skin, staining the land that holds them, now blood red. I hear their struggle, their growls, their howl of pain. I see the thorny vines wrapped around their neck now, tightening with their every struggle. Blood flows through their entire body now. It pours down their eyes, nose, the corner of their lips. Then I hear the crack of their spine. The vines slowly release its hold on their neck and their heads slack off and rest on their shoulder abnormally. Brad. His eyes look at me with so much horror even when there is no light of life in them. I guess, he truly is gone now.

The earth lets them go as they fall on their back. Plants start growing on the entire park now. Vines that are heavily packed with leaves fills the land as it covers the bodies lying around. Huge trees grow where their body once laid. It seals every piece of evidence that might suggest the terror that filled this land. It looks normal if only the park wasn't this fully populated by the trees before. One could have turned a blind eye on this. But seeing the untouched land, I doubt anyone will know the difference now.

I felt safe at last. His lifeless eyes gave me relief. And it scared me that I have once again become a beast. But I welcomed it this time. For I knew I was a Lycan. Raven. Is a Lycan.

So, I closed my eyes and let the vines and its leaves cover my eyes. To hide me from my own nightmare. My body felt weak. I felt myself losing my conscious to darkness. And for once in my life, I didn't want to be hypnotised by it. But I truly couldn't fight myself. So, once again I fell into the pit of darkness that the very earth created.

"Lucas."