nineteen

Fayette walked into Stanley's and spotted Miles sitting near the back in a booth. She walked over and took a seat in front of him. He smiled at her before speaking.

"I'm glad you came. Before anything, I want to apologize. I wasn't fair to you and you didn't deserve that."

"Thank you, Miles. I'm glad you think that," Fayette replied.

"So, has anything important happened lately?" Miles asked.

"Not too much that I can talk about, but something exciting is in the process of happening," Fayette said.

"Alright, well I hope to learn about it soon," Miles told her. Fayette was about to reply, but she stopped herself and grinned, looking down at the table.

"What is it?" Miles wondered.

"Oh nothing, just the song that's playing," Fayette responded, looking up at the boy. He noticed the song in the coffee shop had changed, but he still didn't understand why it made her react the way she did.

"What about it?" Miles asked.

"I know one of the people who sings it, I've never heard any of his song on the radio though, so it caught me by surprise," Fayette explained.

"The song sounds like every other song on the radio right now. It's just some basic Justin Bieber shit," Miles scoffed.

"Well I think that the song is great and so are the people who sing it," Fayette argued.

"Whatever, I just think it's boring," Miles told her, but his word were lies. He knew these people were good singers. He just didn't like the fact that Fayette knew them and that she could potentially gain more publicity than him for it.

Fayette examined Miles' face for a moment before scoffing. She shook her head at the boy who held a very confused look on his face. She could see the jealousy in his eyes. In that moment, she realized that he knew that these people were talented, more talented than him.

"You're mad that I know one of them, aren't you?" Fayette asked, a little angered.

"So what if I am, I love you and I don't want you fooling around with some American fuckboy,"  Miles lied, but Fayette was unaware of that.

"First of all, he's not a fuckboy. Second, he's just a friend Miles, do you really think I would have came here if he was anything more?" Fayette wondered, her features softening.

"You're right, I'm sorry," Miles lied once again. Fayette smiled and placed her hand over his. Miles' phone chimed, and a message appeared on it. Both Fayette and Miles looked to it. Fayette's heart dropped as she read the contact name and text message.

Mae

all ready for tonight, babe.

can't wait 😘😏

and im so sorry that management is making you fake a relationship with ur ex. i wish there was a better way for you to keep the limelight on you

Fayette immediately ripped her hand off of Miles'. She looked him straight in the eyes as she held back tears. She hadn't fully gotten over Miles, and hearing him say he loved her felt amazing. But now, she wanted nothing more than to slit his throat.

"I can explain-"

"No, Miles. You lied to me. You told me you loved me but really this is all because your views are dropping?! The label told you that they signed me, didn't they? You were going to us me to gain more popularity?! I don't know if you know this, but that is a pretty shitty thing to do. You were willing to manipulate me for your own advantage? This is why I dumped your ass in the first place. You are just a cold-hearted, loveless, bitch. Never contact me again," Fayette told him before standing up and bolting out of the cafe. Fayette walked back home, like she did every other day.

The words on his phone flashed through her head, "im so sorry that management is making you fake a relationship with ur ex. i wish there was a better way for you to keep the limelight on you." Was she really that easy of a target? She let her parents get to her, her boyfriends, her teachers. She let people walk all over her, and she was done with it. 

Fayette got home and ran to her room, avoiding all of her family. She had so many emotions, and she knew those emotions needed to come out. She fell onto her bed and let all of the tears out. She screamed into her pillow a couple of times until she regained her composure.

"You reminded me every day that I wasn't enough, why the fuck did I stay?" Fayette whispered to herself. About a minute passed until Fayette shot up in her bed.

"You remind me every day, I'm not enough, but I still stay. Holy shit." Fayette said, quietly. She got out of bed and sat down at her desk. She whipped out her notebook and let her emotions take over. Everything she had bottled up got spilled onto the page. She might have hated the context of the song, but it was a damn good song nonetheless. When she was done, she started playing around with her guitar until she came up with a good sound. Within a couple of hours, she was done and she couldn't have been happier with the results. She texted her friends to let them know the good news.

                                        Main Bitches GC

Fayzie 💛

GUESS WHAT BITCHES

Zaybae 😎

fayette aveline monet, it's 2 am.

GO TO BED

Harley Quinn 🤡

^

Kitty Cat 😺

just tell us what it is so we can sleep

E 🌼

what's up, i wasn't sleeping anyways

Fayzie 💛 

well, I have officially finished the third song on the ep!

 well, i still have to record it, but i'm pretty  much done! it's gonna be ~acoustic~

E 🌼

you finished the song at 2 am?! 

why?

Harley Quinn 🤡

you need to find a better time to do work

Zaybae 😎

did you have a random splurge of inspiration at 2am?

Fayzie 💛

no, Miles texted me saying he wanted to start over the other day, so we met up.

but it turned out that he was using me for work and luckily i got out of the situation before he could actually use me. so I wrote a song about our relationship

Kitty Cat 😺

you mean the toxic and abusive relationship we told you to end multiple times but you didn't listen to us and then when you finally took back control on your life, he made you think that everything that went wrong in your relationship was your fault?

this song is gonna be juicy

Fayzie 💛

i don't want to be walked over anymore. i'm done with being used. i don't need anyone to invent my career for me, i can do it on my own

E 🌼

that's my gurl! now SLEEP