thirty seven

two weeks later

The past two weeks were pretty laid back for everyone. Fayette recorded all her songs, and then continued with her life as usual. Jonah and Fayette had started talking and quickly became good friends. They spent most of their conversations sending memes back and forth. Zach and Fayette had also continued building their friendship. Fayette had yet to tell Jonah, Daniel, and Corbyn about her musical project, but they would know in a little less than twenty-four hours.

Although the past few weeks had been nothing but ordinary, a plethora of questions had harvested their way into Fayette's mind, and she was anything but pleased. The most common question that surfaced Faye's mind was about her living situation. She had contemplated moving out multiple times, but lately it didn't seem as unrealistic as it usually would. About eight days ago, Fayette had come to the conclusion that once she announced the EP, she would move out. She had already begun looking for an apartment close to Champ de Mars. She had settled on one, and had already paid the down payment, now all she needed to do was break the news to her family and leave.

The other commonly thought about question was about Jack. Over the past few days, she had become very certain of her emotions, and there was no doubt that Jack was someone her mind labeled as "more than a friend". Although she wouldn't ever have the confidence or boldness to straight up tell him, "Hey, I like you, a lot. Wanna go out?", she did have the will power to subtly hint at her feelings. But, Faye being Faye, her way of hinting at that is being a sarcastic bitch. She was well aware of this, too. So, if Jack decided that she was too much for him to handle, she wouldn't be surprised.

 As Fayette lay in her bed, these questions picking at her brain once again, she realized something she needed to do. She was going to break the news about her departure from the Monet family home tomorrow, but she also needed to tell someone about her feelings towards the curly haired, tattooed boy, regularly known as Jack Avery. There was no way in hell she was going to tell Zach, that boy couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it. Faye wasn't in any formal contact with Daniel or Corbyn, so there was no way for her to tell either of them. Jack was obviously out of the question, so that left one contender; Jonah. Pulling all her strength together, Faye found Jonah's contact, and began finding the right words to begin this conversation.

✶✶✶

Bambi

I need to talk to you about something.

Sex Object

You used proper grammar and punctuation so now I'm scared.

What's going on?

Bambi

This is super serious and if you tell anyone I will snap your kneecaps like twigs.

Sex Object

Okay, I'm listening. Please don't snap my knees

Bambi

I think I have feelings for someone and it's a major problem.

Sex Object

Why is that a problem?

Love is a sweet thing and you shouldn't be scared of it.

Bambi

Well it's too late for that because I'm FUCKING SCARED