fifty nine

The week that Eulalie and Faye had had off was done, and Fayette was now scheduled to do a whole bunch of interviews. Her first interview of the month, which she was currently waiting backstage for, was with a fairly popular interviewer, Jimmy Fallon.

"Tonight we have a special guest, all the way from France, whose new EP has gained over a hundred million streams in just a few weeks. Please welcome to the show, Fayette Monet!" Jimmy announced. The crowd erupted into cheers and Faye walked on stage, taking a seat next to Jimmy.

"So, Fayette, I've heard that this EP was not originally planned," Jimmy began.

"Oh, yeah. I had no intention of ever making this, but the label offered to sign me and then we started making the EP and the next thing I know, I'm here," Fayette replied.

"Well, that label definitely has a good eye. Another thing that a lot of people are wondering is how you met Jack Avery. And then also how you guys wrote a song when you were in different continents," Jimmy told her.

"It's actually a funny story. Basically, Jack texted the wrong number, and we just ended up talking. We became really good friends so when I found out that I was going to be releasing an EP, he was the first person I told. He was probably more excited than I was. And, because he already had experience in this industry, he offered to help me out. So, we ended up writing a song over Facetime together," Fayette explained.

"Wow, so your whole friendship was because of a wrong number text?" Jimmy wondered.

"I guess so," Faye replied. She fumbled with the rings on her fingers as she waited for Jimmy to continue.

"Well, I know that you live in Paris, so do you have any plans to move to further build your career?" Jimmy asked.

"I definitely want to move eventually. I've lived in Europe my whole life and LA is so beautiful. I'm probably gonna move sometime in the future, but for now, France is just fine," Fayette answered.

They went on with the interview, playing a couple games as well. Once it was done, Faye went back to her apartment and crashed, much to Eulalie's disappointment, as she wanted to watch a movie with Faye.

Eulalie was about halfway through the movie she was watching when she got a text from Cat.

Cat
I miss you guys

Eulalie
I miss you guys too

Cat
We all know that faye is gonna want
to stay a little longer when the five weeks are up
Let her, but can you come back?

Eulalie
Of course, cat

Cat
I really want faye to be happy again
Im glad jack is making that happen

Eulalie

Faye is never gonna stay in la if we're all in paris
She wouldn't want us to feel like she's leaving us
How are we supposed to convince her that it's okay for her to take some time to herself?

Cat
I'll text her
She'll feel better hearing it from
someone who isn't there right now

Eulalie

Luv ya cat 💛

Cat
Luv ya too e 💛

A/N

I know using Jimmy Fallon is super unoriginal, but I don't really watch interviews like the one I imagined for Faye, so I used him. Anyways, sorry that this book is so freaking stretched out.