forty three

NEWS!

I'll be putting Fayette's outfits at the top of the page. If it's not there, I probably couldn't find something or it's a social media chapter.

Fayette had been living in her new place for three days now. Today she was going back home for the weekend. After putting her feelings out into the open, she had noticed that they started dying down. Jonah had asked about it, to which she simply said that she thinks it was just a stupid little crush, though she didn't fully believe that herself. It was pretty early in the morning for Faye, but she couldn't wait to get back home.

On her way there, she got a text from Jonah saying that there was a problem that they needed to talk about. Seeing as it was eleven at night for him, she guessed it was important. She texted back saying she was on her way to her parents' house, so she'd text him in about ten minutes when she got there. Fayette picked up her pace a little so that she could get there faster. With each step she took, the feeling of worry grew. What was so important that Jonah needed to talk to her about that he couldn't talk about with the guys? Pushing these questions to the back of her head, Faye pulled up to her parents apartment building.

Isadora was waiting outside for her sister to arrive. Isadora is what you would call, observant. She noticed and stored information about others that no regular person would. She was especially intrigued by her elder sister, Fayette. Faye was never one to seek attention or actively look for a way into the spotlight. She spent most of her days on the sidelines, not daring to enter the real world for more than a few hours at a time. Sure, Fayette was pretty and guys often asked her out, but she declined nearly all of their proposals.  She seldom had flings, let alone full on relationships. But, these were things anyone could notice.

Everyone who had ever had a conversation with Faye for more than two minutes could tell you this about her. Isadora noticed things about her sister that not even Fayette knew about herself. If you were to ask someone what Fayette's eye colour was, they would most likely answer 'brown'. If you were to ask Isadora that question, she would tell you how Faye's eyes were the color of cocoa. But, when you really looked at them, they looked like honey. Each eye held a different story, like they had each seen the same experience differently. You could see the pain and despair in Fayette's left eye, it was as if every bad thing was held in them. Her right eye, on the other hand, was euphoric. Honey was always Isadora's favourite, because it reminded her of Faye. There was a lot more Isadora knew about Fayette, like how her jaw was slightly crooked from when she got punched in the face during a fight in Freshman year. Or the scar that lay on her forehead from when a 9mm bullet skimmed her face at a shooting range.

One of the things Isadora had noticed about Fayette fairly early was her walk. Isadora had memorized her family members foot steps so that she would know who was coming to her room so she wouldn't get caught staying up late. So, as she heard the familiar steps approaching, she realized that her older sister had arrived at the apartment.

"Faye!" Isadora shouted, waving to the older girl. Fayette had only been gone for a couple of days, but she already looked more adult-like.

"Hey Izzy!" Fayette replied, hugging Isadora.

"C'mon, you're just in time for breakfast," Isadora said before taking hold of Faye's hand and dragging her through the entrance and up the stairs to their home.

Isadora opened the door and announced Fayette's arrival. A few seconds later, Andre practically slid into the doorway when he heard this statement.

"You're back!" He shouted, picking up Fayette and rocking back and forth in the air. Andre was very fit, and handsome, Fayette was very surprised a girl hadn't swooped him up yet.