sixty nine

5 Months Later - Christmas Eve

The past few months have been exciting, to say the least. Jack and Fayette were able to make their long distance relationship work and we're flourishing. Fayette had got the hole in her bathroom wall fixed and gotten rid of her bangs. She had gone to see Jack and his family for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and he was coming to visit her for Christmas. So now, Faye was waiting in the airport for him.

She bounced her leg in anticipation until she saw the familiar head of curly hair in the distance. Faye immediately stood up so the boy could see her. Jack's eyes landed on her not long after. He picked up his pace and was eventually running by the time he made it to her.

Faye ran into his arms and held him tightly. Jack spun her around before placing her back on the ground. He connected their lips, wanting nothing more than to feel her presence again. Fayette put her hands on his cheeks as Jack placed his hands on her waist. The two pulled away after a moment longer.

"I missed you," Fayette whispered.

"Well you don't have to miss me anymore, I'm right here," Jack told her, throwing his arm over her shoulder and guiding the two towards the exit.

"I don't like missing you," Faye admitted. Jack gave her a confused look, but she didn't see it since she was looking at the ground as they walked.

"Maybe you don't have to miss me," Jack mumbled. Fayette heard Jack say something, but she wasn't sure what it was.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

↠ ☾ ↞

The snow falling outside was beyond beautiful. Faye couldn't help but admire the white crystals falling softly onto Jack's hair and eyelashes. He looked exceptional.

"And we're here," Faye said when they had arrived in front of her family's home. They walked through the building to Faye's apartment. She opened the door and was practically shoved out of the way by Isadora.

"Jack!" Isadora exclaimed as she jumped on the boy to hug him.

"Hey, Izzy," Jack replied, hugging her back like he did when they first met. He placed Isadora back on the ground and was then greeted by Andre.

"Hey man," Andre said.

"Hey," Jack replied, doing a handshake most guys do when they see each other.

The two walked further into the home to find Mr. and Mrs. Monet in the kitchen. Faye's mother was the first to noticed them.

"Merry Christmas guys!" She exclaimed, setting a cookie cutter down.

"Mom, this is Jack. Jack this is my mother," Fayette said.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Monet," Jack smiled.

"Oh please, call me Ala," She told him. Jack nodded before Faye's father joined them.

"Finally! I thought Aveline was gonna be alone forever!" Fayette's father cheered.

"Papa!" Faye exclaimed, causing her father to laugh.

"Nice to meet ya, son. I'm Mateo," He told Jack, extending his hand for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Jack," Jack replied, shaking Mateo's hand.

They spent the rest of the day watching Christmas movies and making treats. By the end of the night, everyone was exhausted. They all went to sleep and waited for the next morning to arrive.

↠ ☾ ↞

Jack was woken up by a high pitched voice, one he knew belonged to Isadora.

"Wake up, guys! It's Christmas!" Isadora exclaimed before running out of their room and into her brother's.

"Does she do that every Christmas?" Jack asked as he and Faye started to get out of bed.

"Every. Single. Year," Faye said. The two got dressed and headed downstairs where everyone was sitting in the living room.

"Good morning," Ala Marie greeted.

"Morning," Jack and Faye replied at the same time. They walked over and sat down on the couch as Isadora handed everyone a present from under the tree.

Ala Marie and Mateo opened their gifts first, which were matching rings. Andre opened his, which were tickets to a basketball game he had wanted to go to. Isadora opened hers, which was a book trilogy she wanted. Jack opened his next, which was a new skateboard. And Faye opened hers last, which was a pair of new Vans. They continued opening any gift they received and having a good time together.

"Hold on, I've got one more present for Faye," Jack said before they started cleaning up. He went back up to their room and grabbed her gift before coming back down stairs and standing in front of his girlfriend.

Faye looked up at him as he stood there, a smile plastered on his face and his eyes shining. He held his hands behind his back and Fayette could see Isadora's mouth hanging open from shock behind Jack. Her parents looked beyond excited and Andre had a proud but also smug look on his face.

'What the hell is happening?' Faye thought.

A/N 

this book is almost done I'm sad :(