seventy

"Fayette, you are literally my favourite person on this world," Jack said, causing Faye to smile. Her dad, mom, and Andre had started recording the second Jack started talking. "I can't imagine a day where you aren't there to talk to. And God do I wish I had met you earlier in my life, 'cause you would have made everything so much better. Everything has been better since you came along. All I want to do when I'm back home is hold you and protect you, but I know you're here, being the badass women you are. As much as you intimidate me, because you are lowkey scary sometimes, I can't help but see you as this sweet girl who would take caterpillars off the sidewalks so they're safe. I still remember the feeling I felt when I first started talking to you. You were so unexpected, and I'm glad. Thank you for being a safe place I can turn to. And all I want to do is be with you, it's as simple and as complicated as that. I just want you to know how much I've enjoyed annoying you all this time and how excited I am to keep doing so in the future. And even though I'm unsure about most things in life, I am certain that I love you."

Jack finished talking and bent down on one knee causing Faye to gasp slightly and put her hand over her mouth. She looked like she was going to cry any second now. Jack looked up at her, presenting an open box with a ring inside.

"Fayette Monet, will you marry me?" He asked, praying to God that she said yes because it would be horrible if she said no. She didn't answer for a couple seconds, but those seconds felt like years to Jack. Finally, she placed her hand back on her lap.

"Sure, why not?" Faye said, biting her bottom lip to keep herself from crying and possibly shouting. Jack immediately broke out into a toothy grin and took Fayette's hand in his. He slipped the ring on her finger and engulfed her in a hug, to which she happily returned, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

Her family was clapping, while Isadora was jumping around like she had just won the lottery. Jack and Faye pulled away, only being able to stare into each other's eyes.

"I hope you realize that this means you're stuck with me," Faye said.

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Jack told her before placing a kiss on her lips.

A/N

okay, but like, omg

FYI! A lot of the things Jack said in his "speech" were from Pinterest.