thirty nine

Today was the day that Fayette told her family that she was leaving. She didn't know whether to be excited, nervous, or sad. It was her last day here, so might as well look nice. After dressing herself, she went downstairs where she found her sister and mother plating dinner, her brother setting the table, and her father making his way into the kitchen.

"Everyone sit down, dinner is ready," Fayette's mother instructed. Everyone took a seat around the table and received their plates of food. About halfway through the meal, Faye decided it was time to start a new conversation; a conversation about her new life.

"I need to tell you all something," Fayette said abruptly, placing her utensils down. Everyone turned their attention to her, "I'm moving out."

There was silence after Fayette said this. She was worried about their reactions before, but now she was horrified. A few beats passed before the most unexpected thing happened; her mother smiled.

"Does this mean that you've already made a down payment on a new place, with your own money?" Her mother asked, still smiling.

"Yes..." Fayette answered, slightly confused. Her mother wouldn't stop smiling, which made her even more confused, "Are you okay, mother?"

"Oh honey, I'm more than okay. I know I haven't been very supportive of your career, but this right here, you moving out and building your own life, this is proof that I was wrong," Her mother praised.

Fayette just sat there, her mouth slightly ajar. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her stuck up, stubborn, critical mother, just admitting she was wrong

"I'm so proud of you," Her mother said. Fayette didn't know how to react, but the complete shock that was sent through her body caused her to start tearing up. And a few seconds later, tears were spilling from her eyes.

"Faye, are you alright?" Her father asked. Fayette nodded rapidly before wiping her tears away.

"It's just-," Fayette sighed, "I've been waiting my whole life to hear you say those words." Fayette's father took her hand since he was closer.

"Aveline," Her father started. He usually addressed Fayette by her middle name, "We are so proud of you."

"I guess this is a good time to tell you that I'm also releasing an EP in four days," Fayette breathed out. It was her siblings' turn to be shocked.

"An EP?" Andre asked, shocked. Fayette nodded and Isadora grinned so widely that Fayette thought she was going to break her jaw.

"Are you gonna be famous?" Isadora eagerly asked.

"No, maybe I'll be a little more popular. I don't like the word famous, it makes me sound conceited," Fayette chuckled. Her parents looked at their daughter with bright eyes, they were wrong to judge her so quickly.

"Close you mouth Andre, you'll catch flies," Their mother said, placing her hand under Andre's chin and closing his mouth for him.

"I can still visit, right?" Fayette asked.

"Of course you can, this is still the Monet family home, and as far as I know, you're still a Monet," Her father answered.

"Unless she does get famous and marries Chris Pratt," Andre said, jokingly.

Isadora gasped at his sentence, "Please marry Starlord! I will donate you money to help with your career, just please marry Chris Pratt!"

"He's like forty, Izzy, chill," Fayette said. The family finished up dinner and Andre decided to help Fayette start packing.

"So, you think I can come and chill at your place every now and then?" Andre asked as he put all of her decor in a box.

"Anytime, it'll get lonely there," Faye answered.

"It's sad that your moving out before me," Andre said. Fayette laughed and closed up another box. Andre finished up with his box and placed it beside the door.

"Well, that's it," Fayette stated.

"Yup," Andre said, trying to conceal his tears. The two siblings wouldn't look at each other in fear that they would start bawling their eyes out.

"Oh my gosh, just cry already!" Isadora chocked out, entering Faye's room. She had obviously been crying before hand. Fayette looked over to Andre, who had looked over to her. They both started crying and all three siblings joined together for a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, I'll visit every weekend," Fayette said, still engulfed in the hug.

"Promise?" Isadora asked, crying too.

"I promise," Fayette said as they pulled away. They all looked at each other and smiled.

"Look at you, my baby sister is all grown up," Andre frowned. Fayette frowned, but her eyes were smiling. She placed her hand on the back of her older brother's neck and looked at him.

"I might be grown up, but I'm always gonna need my big brother," Fayette told him. She took her hand off of his neck and placed it on his shoulder. Fayette looked between her older and younger siblings, "You guys wanna come over once I've fully moved in?"

"Of course! Can I still call you when I have trouble with homework?" Isadora wondered.

"Of course you can, Izzy," Fayette responded.

"I love this sibling bonding moment, but we should probably get your stuff in the car," Their father interrupted. Fayette nodded and took two boxes, placing them at her sides. Isadora took one, and Andre took two as well. Her father took a few and soon all her belongings were packed in the back of their parents' car. Andre and Isadora stayed behind with their mom, while Fayette and their dad drove to the new apartment.

"Y'know, I wouldn't be mad if you brought home a boy for Christmas," Her father said, out of the blue, as they drove.

"Dad!" Fayette laughed, punching his arm.

"What?! You haven't dated since junior year and I need some more guys around," Her dad said.

"What about Quinn and Zay? They were over all the time," Fayette told him.

"Yeah but that's different. They're your friends, they can make fun of you with me. I need a guy around who I can talk to about how incredibly amazing you are," Her father said, making Fayette blush. Soon they pulled up to the apartment and Fayette and her dad got out and started unloading the boxes. After a lot of trips back and forth, all her stuff was in her new home, and her dad was ready to leave.

"Are you sure you don't want help unpack-"

"Dad! I'm fine, you can go home. I'll be okay on my own," Fayette cut him off.

"Okay, you're visiting this weekend, right?" He asked.

"Yeah," Fayette replied. Her dad nodded before giving her a quick hug and leaving. Fayette sighed and looked at all the boxes on the floor.

"Now to unpack," She mumbled to herself, not excited for the next few hours.