44.

DEMI P.O.V.: I sighed as I tried to accept the way I looked that night and turned around to look at Maddie and Matthew.

Maddie: why that face?

Demi: I don't know guys, maybe I should with some bodysuit? I just don't like how I look tonight

Matthew: Demi, come on, you look absolutely beautiful and I'm sure Nick will love it

Demi: you think so? (I asked trying hard not to smile and they nodded before Maddie chuckled) what?

Maddie: you really love him, it's so cute

Demi: yea, of course I do (I said grabbing my purse and sliding my phone into it) I think we should go or we're gonna be late

Maddie: yes, Dallas is already there

Demi: okay, let's go guys (as I made my way down the stairs of our apartment, I saw Nick smile at me)

Nick: look at how beautiful my girl looks tonight (I giggled blushing and he kissed my hand when I got to where he was)

Demi: thank you baby

Nick: ready to go?

Demi: uh, sure, let's go (he nodded and we four headed to the engagement party)

While Max was driving us to the place where the party was being thrown, I glanced at Maddie with worry in my eyes.

Demi: is there someone else than Dallas and mom and dad? (She shook her head)

Maddie: don't worry Demi, it's not late yet (I sighed in relief and Nick squeezed my hand)

Nick: Joe and Sophie are on their way but we'll get there before them

Demi: okay, that makes me feel better (he kissed my cheek softly and I noticed Max smiling at us through the mirror in front of me) Max, you're gonna stay, right?

Max: well, I don't know if I'm invited

Nick: of course you are man, you're like family for Demi and that makes us family too (he smiled and I nodded)

Max: okay then, I wouldn't miss your engagement party for anything

Demi: thanks, you're the best (once we arrived to the place, Nick grabbed my hand and we walked through the paparazzies quickly but letting them get some pics of us, since Nick wanted "the whole world to know he is going to marry me")

After entering, my family came to greet us and my mom started crying in happiness.

Dianna: I can't believe you're engaged, it seems like yesterday you were running through the house in diapers (I chuckled and Nick kissed my forehead)

Nick: I promise I'll give my best to keep her happiness

Demi: aw, I love you baby (I said to him and we almost kissed, but Joe interrupted us by entering the place with Sophie and Layla sleeping in his arms)

Joe: where's the happy couple?

Nick: here we are

Sophie: guys, huge congrats for you, I love you and I hope you're happy forever

Joe: and together

Demi: thanks loves, do I get to see princess Layla?

Joe: sure, come with me, I'll lay her in the stroller

Demi: kay, be right back Nick

Nick: okay (I walked with Joe and we watched Layla sleep for a while until he hugged me)

Joe: thank you Demi, Nick's being happier than ever and it's all your work (I smiled and shook my head)

Demi: he's the one making me the happiest ever

Joe: I truly wish you both the best of the universe

Demi: good but save those words (he frowned)

Joe: why?

Demi: we need someone to talk in the wedding and sorry, but Sophie already chose you (he rolled his eyes smiling and nodded)

Joe: okay then, I'll save my words for next month

Demi: but thank you anyways, I don't think this would be even possible if you weren't there to help me to get close to Nick again

Joe: I'd do it a million times again just to see you smile the way you do

Demi: you're the best (I said and hugged him again before we walked back to where Sophie and Nick were)

Nick: baby, a lot of people is arriving, we probably should go greet them

Demi: sure (I said and he intertwined our fingers to walk to the other side of the room)