Chapter 9

"Hey get away from my fiancé!" I look to see the pig tailed girl pointing accusingly at me even though Leon was obviously the one holding my hand in place.

"Ah..." I yank my hand away from Leon who looks shocked but just now realizes Elisabeth is here. "I am Jody Bradley." I said giving her a curtsey.

"Elisabeth English." She mumbled with a glare. "I'll be taking him." She continues before grabbing Leon's arm and dragging him in the other direction. Leon looks over his shoulder at me with a small smile.

I sigh and start walking in the other direction.

-

It's time for everyone to gather around with our elements. I am in water with Ivy.

I smile in her direction and she blushes and looks away. I quickly walk over to her.

"Hey Ivy!" I smile.

"Ah! Oh, hey Jody..." She mumbled regaining her composure.

"You like Cordell right?" I ask. She glances at me shocked and as if asking how'd you know.

"Girl intellect." I smile tapping my temple. "I think you would be really cute. He likes hard to get." I smile and continue.

"I heard he slept with that Elisabeth girl the other night..." She grumbles through gritted teeth.

"Well yeah, but you could cure his playboy vibe." I reply.

"How do you know this stuff?" She looks at me with a confused look.

"Well I saw the way he was looking at you this morning." I smile.

"H-he was looking at me this morning?" She blushes.

"Yeah! He had two girls on each side of him, but wasn't paying attention to either and was just looking at you! So, I might've pulled some strings so that he would talk to you." I smile proudly. She beams and gives me a tight hug.

"Ah thank you thank you! Um..." She pulls away, "Do you think we could be friends?" She mumbles looking at her shoes. Was she always this shy?

"Yes of course! Hey promise me something though..."

"What is it?"

"Don't let jealousy make you do anything harsh. Talk to me if you are ever getting those feelings." She looks at me with big puppy dog eyes and nods quickly.

We continue to chat but then the class starts.

"So class I am Mrs. Bianca." A beautiful young women said.

"I would like you to partner up, first of all." She continues. Ivy and I glance at each other and give a curt nod.

"So I would like you all to just practice controlling a small bit of water." She reached her hand out and a small droplet floats up in her hand. "I would then like you to try passing it to your partner." She moves her finger in a quick motion to another students hand, but it's once solid floating bubble burst and became water back in the others hand. "Just focus all your attention on it and you should be able to get it."

"Okay now you all can be excused." She dismisses. I nod and look around. We are in a big green house looking thing. Like a half circle glass sphere around us. There is a lot of greenery and a small stream going through the middle. Everyone else seems to be doing fine at controlling a small bubble.

"Hey come on let's get started!" Ivy beamed and dragged me to the stream where she stook both arms out and shut her eyes, focusing. I followed her actions precisely and tried to focus.

"Woah you did it Jody!" Ivy shook me from my thoughts. I opened my eyes to see a small ball in my hand. I found my eyes widening in shock. This is so cool! I've never experienced anything like this. I looked to Ivy who seemed a little less impressed with her ball, but in my past life nothing like this was even possible.

"So we pass it now?" I ask looking at Ivy who made her ball disappear.

"Yes ma'am!" She stick her arms straight out with her palms up. I nodded and focused on her hands and the ball. Slowly the ball started to go her way. She eventually got it to her hands and focused on passing it back.

After a while we slowly started to gain momentum and passed it quicker. And before we knew it, class was over.

"Okay tonight's homework is optional, but I would like everyone to try to practice wether it is alone or with someone!" Mrs Bianca said dismissing us.

"Bye Ivy!" I waved her goodbye as she talked to Mrs Bianca.

I smiled and walked out of area, running straight into a chest. I didn't even get a chance to look up and see who they were before they grabbed my arm and dragged me somewhere secluded. On the way there I caught a glimpse at the all too familiar blonde hair.

"Cordell what do you want?" I mumbled.

"How do you know my name? We haven't even had proper introductions." He replied. Well shoot....

"Um it's because everyone knows you." I reply matter of factly, feeding his ego.

"Okay well I don't know you. So who are you??

"Jody Bradley."

"Cordell Smalls but you already know that." He grins.

"Okay so what do you want..."

"What can't I just talk to my new frienddddd?"

"No, not without wanting something." I reply crossing my arms.

"Ah, okay well I was wondering if she said anything about me?" He suddenly went quiet and asked.

"A little. She will come out of the room anytime from now so you should talk to her." I smile and start to walk away before he grabs hong arm.

"What did she say?"

"Just talk to her." I sigh and walk away.

"Jody..." I hear a grumble from around to corner. I tilted my head and looked to see Leon peeking around the corner with an aura weird aura around him.

"Leon, what's up?" I ask and the sulking male.

"Why were you talking to Cordell again....." He mumbles.

"I was just helping him with Ivy again." I reply as he perks up automatically.

"My Elisa has been clingy." He mumbles. My....

"You don't like having all her attention?" I question.

"I thought I would, but it's just gotten tiring." He sighed dejectedly. I give him a sympathetic pat on the arm and as I pull away he grabs my hand pulling me into him. He wraps his arms around me and bends down to put his head in the crook of my neck.

"What are you doing Leon?" I ask, "Is my fiancé here again?" I ask looking around.

"No...just can we stay like this for a bit?" He mumbles, tickling my neck. I hesitantly wrap my arms around him as well. I slowly shut my eyes. He felt so warm. It was nice.

"Didn't I tell you to leave my fiancé alone?!" A high voice squeaked.