Bad Date

Before I start, I am blessing u with the photo above, so be happy. It has nothing to do with the chapter, but he's perfect so.....

Addison's POV

I wake up around nine, not realizing what time it is. I lean over to grab my phone from my bedside table. I press my right thumb against the home button and it unlocks.

I stare at the picture of me, Dixie, Charli, Avani Kovur. As I examine the picture, I see that Alex and Chase are in the background, holding up the middle finger. I let out a low laugh, making sure I dont wake Avani up.

I throw the covers off and put on a hoodie. I walk downstairs, expecting to see Charli making food, but then I realize she left two days ago.

Things have been so different without her. Chase has seemed quiet. He spends all day in his room, probably texting Charli. But since New England is three hours ahead of us and Chase normally wakes up at one, they only have around three hours to talk to each other.

I hear my phone ding as I put a piece of bread in the toaster.

Bryce

Hey, I'm picking u up in
three hrs

I forgot. Bryce and I have a date today. I'm really nervous, because whenever we're around each other, things get pretty awkward. We dont really talk. I'm going to try this date out and see what happens. Although, Chase did set a high bar for his first date with Charli.

Bryce won't tell me what we're doing, so I'm kind of scared. If realized he's not the type of person to do what other people want.

I shoot him a text back saying, 'okay see u then.' He leaves me on read and I don't know what to expect.

I hear my toast pop and I go grab it. I spread butter on it and put cinnamon and sugar on the butter.

I hear someone come down the stairs. I look over and it's Tony. He waves and yawns.

"Your date is today right?" He asks, grabbing cereal from the cupboard. He puts it in a bowl and fills up the milk to the top.

"Yeah. But I dont know. He just left me in read and I dont know what to expect. Whenever he and I hang out, it always ends up being awkward," I confide in Tony. He stops chewing and wipes his mouth.

"That's Bryce for you, he does not understand girls one bit. Don't worry, your just trying this out," he reassures me. I nod and continue to eat my toast.

I never thought Tony would be the one to give me advise. He hasn't had a girlfriend in a year, but he seems pretty good with relationships. I watch him as he shoves the cereal into his mouth. His hair bounces up and down as he sits down.

I smile at him and he smiles back. Tony's smile lights up any room and I can't keep my eyes off him. Ohmygod. Addison. STOP. You're about to go on a date with Bryce. Idiot.

I rip my eyes off Tony and go up to my room. Avani is sitting at her desk applying makeup. She waves at me and goes back to doing her thing.

I pull out a pink crop top with red roses on it and a pair of white jean shorts. I brush my hair and straighten it. I pick out a pair of white shoes and slip them on.

I grab my phone and walk over to Avani's desk. "Can I borrow this?" I ask pointing at a small pink purse that's circular.