Safe With You

Charli's POV

Being back with Chase made me feel so alive and happy. He really was the one thing I needed in life. I could talk to him whenever and he'd understand, I could be my goofy self around him and not get judged. Social media was a place where people were constantly judged and shamed for who they are. And especially when your a big influencer, it's good to have someone you can trust. Someone you can get away from all of the drama with. Chase was my person. I've had trouble trusting him in the past, but all of those times, I've figured out it wasn't actually him lying. And that's brought us even closer. Chase has a shady past, I know, but the fact that he's trying to fix that for me makes me feel so safe with him.

___
I woke up in Chase's arms. They were wrapped around me like a teddy bear that a child couldn't let go of. I smiled and leaned into his bare chest. He was so warm and it just made me feel like I was at home. I kissed his chest making him flinch a little. I giggled softly doing it again. Chase slightly woke up and started mumbling things.

"Charli, stop," he whispered. I smiled and kissed him on the lips waking him up.

"What a good way to wake up," he smiled softly, pulling me in closer. I blushed as he kissed me on the head. "I love you," Chase whispered into my hair.

"I love you too bubba," I said with love filling my heart. Chase let out a chuckle.

"I wanna stay like this forever," I said smiling up at his face. He ruffled my hair. I ran my fingers through his making it messier than before. Chase left kisses all over my face making me squirm.

"Stoppp," I whined. Chase stopped then continued kissing me.

"I love you too much," he said resuming his kissing.

I pushed him off of me, making him groan in despair. I giggled once again. I was still wearing his hoodie. I pulled it up to my mouth surrounding my face making me feel warm and fuzzy.

"I should take a shower, be right back bub," I said walking into his bathroom. I slipped my clothes off, dropping them on the floor. I turned the shower on and got in.

Chase's POV

I heard as Charli turned the water on. Around fifteen minutes later I could hear singing coming from out of the bathroom. A wide smile spread across my face. She really was perfect. Charli could make me smile any day. I felt safe with her, like I could tell her anything. Sure she and I have been through rough periods, but it's because we're so exposed to the media. We have people watching our every move. If we weren't open to the public eye, we probably wouldn't have so many problems.

I love Charli with my whole heart, and even though I don't want to believe it, I know that the media is going to push us to our edge. I'm hoping not anytime soon.

I hear the water turn off and Charli comes out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body. She walks, well more like skips, over to her closet and starts rummaging through it. I hear her sigh.

"I have no clothes," Charli whined. I walked over to her and stood with her staring at her closet.

"If this is no clothes, I'm broke," I laughed.

Charli slapped me lightly. "Welp! Looks like I have to yours." She scurries over to my closet and pulls out my favorite hoodie and t shirt. She puts them on and goes over to her closet. Without even looking she takes out a pair of shorts and puts them on.

"You jerk," I laughed making Charli spin around and give me the death glare.

"It's in the rule book, you have to give me your clothes," she stated bluntly.